• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Helldiver's ship repairs and retextures.

Yes. Thank you Craiggo. Keep moving forward on this.

Armada is not alone in opposing the BEEPS. I have a dedicated sound card and good headphones, and those beeps HURT. Unacceptable. :walkplank

Your welcome, and I don't like the beeping ether and it pisses me off knowing there is a way to fix it but some people wont share the info. I know the only way for me to fix it is to use a model that does not beep or have the revers lighting bug and then edit the locators to include whatever has been changed,
dunno.gif

I don't get the reverse lighting bug anymore. I import into Maya, retexture, export with Maya. Then I load the GM in Tool and "Read from file" the Locators. Then I save.

To Armada:

-Yeah some of the ships in CoAS that were passed over from the PoTC build have issues. It's not an engine issue but an export/import issue when they were converted to CoAS. The beeping isn't common in CoAS Combined Mod. It's only on a few ships. I believe (and Craiggo can correct me) it's on some of the ships that were brought over using Inez's Tool.

It seems this beeping issue isn't new and has been around a while.

Also, the beeping issue is peculiar. On the Boussole sometimes it'll beep, like when I initiate sea combat. Then if I go out to sea again (from the sea map) it won't beep. When I leave town and go to port and see my ship in the harbor, it doesn't Beep. When I enter my cabin and then exit, it doesn't beep.

This beep is something that's missing upon initilization. I'm thinking it's some variable that got updated that perhaps Inez forgot to update in Tool?

Craiggo
Thanks a lot for that script!

Interceptor is next. Although I'm tied up this week on stuff I've ignored that past few weeks... so I won't be posting it till end of the week or beginning of next.
For the Light Corvettes, is there a way to add staysails to them? They seem awkward without stays. Several other ships are missing stays and it just drives me nuts...

Oh to clarify, my apologies, I meant I'll be repairing all of the ships that need repairs (not all of the ships in the mod). I believe this is mostly the ones converted over from the PoTC build or if Craiggo or other team members let me know of any other ships.

Yes you can add staysails through the view locators function in the tool and add locators for staysail on the masts. A easy trick is write locators to file from a similar ship to the one you are adding staysails to then do the same for the ship you are working on and then copy the mast locators in the written locator file from the similar ship to the locator written file of the one you are working on. Then open up the mast in the tool and use read from file to import you new locators for the masts with satysails from the similar ship and then view the locators and adjust them while confirming the adjustments in the GM viewer with show locators and show labels checked in the check-boxes. Does that make sense?

@helldiver
Very good work at the HMS Surprise. Your galionsfigur is absolut amazing. Wonderful. :woot

Craiggo

Thanks, definate will do for the light corvettes!

think you can... you know... do that for other ships...? :)

I think the Endeavor, some of the other lineships are missing stays as well...

Pgargon thanks mate!

The beeping is, I think, caused on some ship models which -if edited with the TOOL- somehow lose some of the "collision data" or something like that.
Seems to be some sort of bug in the TOOL.

The information for proper exporting through Maya is out there, but from what I understand it can be quite a bit of work. :facepalm

These models look great, mate! :bow

Back