• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HELP its me dawriter i just forgot my old password :P

i have but when i press new game it starts loading then crashes and it says that the engine has stopped responding and that there is a problem with sea.dll ive uninstalled like 1 million times and still nothing. i have a program called nero 8 and there was a post here saying that nero might interfere could that be the problem?

Look for something called ffdshow. That is a known problem. If you have it you can try adding POTC to its DEP exceptions or just delete ffdshow. Nero might be part of your problem also. You might also want to add POTC to your vista DEP too.

From what I recall, some versions of Nero had a problem with the Build 13 version of ENGINE.exe but we found a new one for the Build 14 Beta that doesn't have that problem.

As far as I'm aware, the unmodified game version didn't have a problem with Nero. If it's the Nero problem, you'll get a message on your screen saying so.
Some sort of "Nero debugger detected" message or something.

What graphics card do you have? As per our FAQ (check the link in my signature), Intel integrated onboard GFX cards cause trouble like that.

I also remember some game version have a corrupted MODULES folder.
Extracting these files will sort that out: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/modules.zip

Please answer my question from my previous post; we can't do much without additional information. :facepalm

by the way where should i instal it to (will program files not work?) and i dont know how to install to other places
Create a new folder, such as "Games", in the same location as Program Files (normally the C drive). You can safely install the game to that folder. :doff

As per our FAQ (check the link in my signature), Intel integrated onboard GFX cards cause trouble like that.
Workaround: Use SwiftShader (link in FAQ as well). Performance won't be good, but that's the only way to get it working without putting in a new graphics card. :facepalm

Back