• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved help me how to fix compatibly engine.exe has stoped working

christodel18

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
help me fix this i have swiftshader and change engine.ini but it still crashes how do i fix this

start--->control panel--->system--->advanced system settings--->advanced--->performance--->Data Execution Prevention.

I never had to use it. Is Swiftshader installed? Something called FFDShow can cause problems. It comes as part of a video codec pack.

It is quite possible that your computer is simply not good enough to play games with. If nothing is wrong and it keeps crashing it could be the hardware. What are the computer specs and when was the last time it was defragged?

It is quite possible that your computer is simply not good enough to play games with. If nothing is wrong and it keeps crashing it could be the hardware. What are the computer specs and when was the last time it was defragged?
it plays well at with other games like flight sim x etc,this is my pc specs:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620T @ 2.20 GHz
4.0.0 GB of ram
64 bit

That computer should run POTC fine except for the %#$&*(&&^% Intel graphics. :rumgone

That processor only runs on Intel motherboards which may or may not have a PCI-E slot on them. Does yours have a PCI-E slot? If so, I would strongly recommend that you buy a real actual video card.

That computer should run POTC fine except for the %#$&*(&&^% Intel graphics. :rumgone

That processor only runs on Intel motherboards which may or may not have a PCI-E slot on them. Does yours have a PCI-E slot? If so, I would strongly recommend that you buy a real actual video card.
Where do i look to see if i have a PCI-E slot?

Try the computer's manual - in the specifucations section it should say something like this

Expansion Bus
Bus type PCI 2.3
PCI Express x1 and x16
Bus speed PCI: 33 MHz
PCI Express:
x1 slot bidirectional speed - 500 MB/s
x16 slot bidirectional speed - 8 GB/s
PCI
connectors two
connector size 120 pins
connector data width (maximum) 32 bits
PCI Express
connector one x1
connector size 36 pins
connector data width (maximum) 1 PCI Express lane
PCI Express
connector one x16
connector size 164 pins
connector data width (maximum) 16 PCI Express lanes

which tells you what expansion slots the computer has

or the manual should have a diagram showing the system board and its expansion slots & labeling them - usually found in the Installing & Removing Parts section of the manual.

I am assuming your computer is a desktop ( or similar ) and not a laptop - since laptops cannot usually have things added to them.

:cheers

i looked it does not have PCI-E slot :/ how do i fix or buy a new computer because everytime i go to port it crashes

Back