• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with Cheats/Console

bdmonolith

Landlubber
I switched the ENABLE CHEATS line in InternalSettings from 0 to 1, but the cheats don't work?
My only goal is to edit my starting ability points and starting cash, so if anyone can give me tips on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated!! :onya

P.S.: Im using Build Mod 14.
Thanks alot!

Umm, you can already do that. On the very first screen, click on "options" and then explore the possibilities.

Check the bottom of "Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt" for information on the cheatmode.
Note that Numlock must be enabled.

Check the bottom of "Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt" for information on the cheatmode.

Hi, how do you exactly "enable" it... when I open my 'InternalSettings.h'
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE 0 // Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

Do I change the number "0" to a "1" or what do I do?

Do I change the number "0" to a "1" or what do I do?

:yes

That is what you do.

Also to find what the cheat mode does- > Check the bottom of "Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt" for information on the cheatmode.

:ixi

:yes

That is what you do.

Also to find what the cheat mode does- > Check the bottom of "Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt" for information on the cheatmode.

:ixi

Hmmm, well I did that and I open the engine, load my game (New Horizons) and I click the "Numlock" key and I press the different numbers (besides 9) and doesn't work... I finished the game once without the cheats but it took forever, I desperately need this \!!

In the program folder find InternalSettings.h file

At the bottom of this file is line:

Code:
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE				0		// Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

change this to

Code:
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE				1		// Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

Save the file.

Start game

When you play the game press a numberpad key and you should see a log message on the left of the screen telling you what cheat has been actioned. :yes

Sorry to sound obvious but when you pressed Numlock before -- did this cause the numberpad to be switched off instead of on ( ie was it already on ) :shrug

Thanks you, my friend I got it... It must've been because I "edited" too many times or something. Much appreciated!

hello everyone im trying to do the same asin enable cheat mode but after i put a 1 in place of the 0 it wont let me save and tells me it cant find the file im in its getting anoying :(

hello everyone im trying to do the same asin enable cheat mode but after i put a 1 in place of the 0 it wont let me save and tells me it cant find the file im in its getting anoying :(

Are you opening the file in notepad - or another text editor. :?

Do you have more than one version of the file open at the same time.?

When you try and save the file are you using Save or Save As ? ( you should use Save )

Is the game loaded when you try and Save the File ( you should be completely out of the game )

Do you have the game in Program Files? That could cause such stupid security issues. :modding

Back