• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hi all im Gray! Help please?

Gray

Landlubber
First off im new to this forum and stuff so hello. Glad i found the game and after playing it im glad i found the mod. I love both but im having a little problem was going to see if anyone could help me out. Got the build running great but had 1 or 2 things poppingup/glitching through from the desktop while playing so i searched how to disable fullscreen and this is what happens. I cant drag it or move it. Could anyone help possibly? Or maybe how to stop stuff from flickering through from my desktop to the game? Only does it on build mod. Window mode is a fix for me but i cant center it or drag it. Help would be awesome thanks guys
POTC.png

I had that effect as well. Seems to happen if the game "loses the foreground" while it is starting up.
Running the game in Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode solved it for me.

No i go to config and do it but i did try to change it to 1900x600 in engine because i read somewhere it might work but i changed it back

1600x900 certainly works, because that's what I use all the time. I always set it through engine.ini, but the new Config.exe works too. :yes

Ok i just tried it in vista service pack 2 and it put the game back in fullscreen but nothing is showing through now. Running great. I dont mind what mode its in as long as it runs good you know. Thanks alot man youve been a big help seriously

If you set your desktop resolution on windowed mode, the game looks fullscreen, but you can Alt+Tab in and out of the game as you wish.
Great for modding too! :cheeky

Back