• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hi guys I need help on the "strange things going on in the archpeligo" quest.

There should be an ENABLE_BUILDINGSET line in BuildSettings.h; set it to 0.
Doesn't the ReadMe I pointed you to say that too?

Did you install the Build 13 Midnight Full Cargo Hold CTD Fix?

No such line exists in the txt file that you pointed out to me :(

No, the only non stock mod/update ive installed on the game is the Build 13 Final. Will the full cargo hold CTD fix stop the game from crashing in the world map? I assume it wil also stop it doing so when i have a full cargo hold and i try to sell cargo in the store, it has crashed once or twice when trying to do that. I think because i had 4 ships, 3 of which had almost full cargo capacity, so i just transferred the little cargo from the 4th ship into the other three ships until it was empty. I then sold the 4th ship and i could then sell the cargo from my remaining fleet without it crashing.

Also, i became a Contra-Almirante of Portugal and i couldnt accept any more missions from the governor... after i sailed off after a while i became neutral with Portugal but i was still known as Contra-Almirante. When i go back to the governor i can get another letter of marquee but i cannot accept missions from him and i remain neutral with Portugal. Is this normal?

There should be a toggle in BuildSettings.h! And if not, maybe PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h?

That fix solves a problem that crashes the game if one of your ships has a full cargo hold at midnight.
This usually occurs on the worldmap, btu I could imagine this occurring in a cargo sale too.
Just install it and hopefully your problems go away.

I have no idea on your governor problem. Serving Portugal isn't the best option,
because Portugal is only at war with the pirates. Being able to sink enemy navy ships gets you promoted much quicker.
If you join, say, the British navy, you can sink random French and Dutch squadrons. :cheeky

Thanks for everything Peter! I cannot find the toggle you were referring to, however the trees and rocks are something that i can tolerate. Please send a link to the full cargo hold fix.

Sorry, Peter but I think i may be a bit stupid because i cant find it anywhere when i follow the link in your signature... :(
Anyway I tried taking your advice about working for the British, only i cannot. I have to pay for a Letter of Marquee for Britain to forgive me, for some reason i then have to pay for another one (it takes two letters to return my relationship with Britain to neutral)which i thought was a bit wierd. However after i pay for both i cannot then get missions from the governor, he always says he has nothing for me at the moment. This is the same with every other nation when i get the Letter of Marquee. I thought it may have something to do with the fact that i had served Portugal, so i went back and told the governor i could no longer serve Portugal and tried again with other nations but they still have no work available. I know some missions require you to have a high reputation, however mine is "Hero". I also thought it might be something to do with what i was known as in the relationships tab. It says im known as a "Promising Pirate" and im not sure whether this is barring me from work or not but i do not know how to change what im known as.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry; I had the wrong link in my signature. This is the one you need:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13163-build-mod-files/

You don't NEED to do pirate hunting quests to make promotion.
Just sink random pirates at sea (or enemy navy ships) without the governor asking you,
and he'l be quite happy anyway.

I have no idea why he's not giving you tasks anymore.
Looking at the cod, you must not be hostile to the nation, which you're not.
Additionally you must not have an uncompleted one still active.
I'm thinking that last part might be the problem. :facepalm

Thanks a lot for your help Peter. How exactly do i turn off the wierd trees and rocks??

:gday
In the mainfolder of Build 13 you'll find the file Buildsettings h
Under the heading 'Landexploration, Locations' you'll find
#define ENABLE_BUILDINGSET 0
// 0: New towns have the same look as the stock PotC locations
// 1: "additional" buildings in some new locations
The default is 1, set it to 0 and you get rid of it!
Pieter still thinks the world of it, but my opinion is well known ( is Crap), as it was
half cooked put into the game and nothing ever done to fix it!
By the way, you can change a lot of settings in this file to your liking!
The other one is Internal settings! Just dont forget to save a copy of these files before you
change any settings in case something goes wrong! Have fun!!

I freely admit the BuildingSet looks and works weird, but that is because of game engine limitations.
CouchcaptainCharles did a good job with that mod; it offers a lot of gameplay options,
as well as the option to change the look of certain locations. Just too bad it doesn't always look normal. :(

[Thanks for all the help guys i finally did disable the new locations and changed some of the other settings, i had no idea that file could change the game so much in the way you wanted.
By the way what number does your relationship with different nations limit out at? Because my relationship with Portugal is at around 233 and i thought it would max out at 100 (seemed logical) however it just kept going and i was wondering what the limit was.
Also one last thing, is it possible to make my fleet larger than just 4 vessels? I have encountered enemy fleets of up to 8 ships and would like to make mine larger. Is it possible?

I'm not sure if there's a maximum value at all. The minimum is -119 though.
As for fleets larger than 4 ships, you can't have one yourself.
One day maybe Pirate_KK will try to make that work, but that'll take a seriously long time to complete.
Might be years even. :?

As for fleets larger than 4 ships, you can't have one yourself.
One day maybe Pirate_KK will try to make that work, but that'll take a seriously long time to complete.
Might be years even. :?

Hmm if i knew how to mod that would be the first thing id work on. Having a masive fleet would be the coolest thing ever. I would love to get a fleet of 10 class 1 ships and then enter battle with 2 nations at once both of which have large fleets also, it would be MAYHEM!!! It would be awesome. Anyway thanks for the help Pieter.

Back