• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hi there!

Look to yer flags! They are your wind indicators. With no compass it is difficult to sail from island to island without missing it and sailing off the edge of the world.
It sounds like you stumbled upon a hostile fleet out there and yes, at the beginning you are at the bottom of the food chain. No super heroes here.
Those little icons don't show any useful information anyway, so they should be small. I don't like the screen all cluttered up with useless falderall anyhoo.

There are big compasses as well. In Arcade Mode, you can switch to the big one in the Options>Realism Options menu.
In Realistic Game Mode, you need to buy a better compass for the larger and more detailed display.
Ah fair enough, I might have more of a look at some point.

Look to yer flags! They are your wind indicators. With no compass it is difficult to sail from island to island without missing it and sailing off the edge of the world.
It sounds like you stumbled upon a hostile fleet out there and yes, at the beginning you are at the bottom of the food chain. No super heroes here.
Those little icons don't show any useful information anyway, so they should be small. I don't like the screen all cluttered up with useless falderall anyhoo.

Didn't think to do that at all :p
Also I'd consider stuff like the health of your hull, crew and sails to be rather important :p

Since I'm only home for a couple of weeks and just want to play something with my brother I'm just going to carry on with the supermod for now, since it works, and crashes less (that I've found so far at least) and we kind of know what we're doing.
Once I've moved and have settled in I may look to put some serious hours into something and try PotC again :)

Back