• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

ok. sso i've found the assassing quest and it starts of like this:

case "Hit_start":
SetEnterLocationQuest("Conceicao_tavern", "Hit_start_check", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Muelle_town_01", "Reload21", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Greenford_town", "reload5", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Conceicao_town", "reload15", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_house", "Reload2", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_study", "Reload1", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_study", "Reload2_back", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_passage", "Reload10", 0); //SCM
// NK -->
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1 = "rank";
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.value = 5;
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.operation = ">=";
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition = "Hit_Rumor";

would i have to change it to:

SetEnterLocationQuest("Turks_tavern", "Hit_start_check", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Muelle_town_01", "Reload21", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Greenford_town", "reload5", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Conceicao_town", "reload15", 0);
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_house", "Reload2", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_study", "Reload1", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_study", "Reload2_back", 0); //SCM
chrEnableReloadLocator("Hit_passage", "Reload10", 0); //SCM
// NK -->
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1 = "rank";
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.value = 5;
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition.l1.operation = ">=";
PChar.quest.Hit_Rumor.win_condition = "Hit_Rumor";

You need to change that if you want it to start in the Turks Tavern, yes.

But also in StartStoryline.c, you'll need to add this code:
Code:
	//Hitman
PChar.quest.Hitman = "";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay_port";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition = "Hit_start";
//Hitman
You can add any location there, but the sidequest won't start until you've been there. If you want the sidequest to be available immediately, set the location to the storyline's starting location "Tortuga_Port".

I wouldn't suggest starting on Jolly Roger or the Conclave until Mistress Ching is done. So it can start on Tortuga, you can have Thomas Tipman approach you in port and say that you might want to go to Turks.

ok i've got some good news and some very bad news

the good news is that i managed to put the hitman quest into legend jack sparrow storyline and i changed the start into tortuga port.
the bad news is that my computer has caught a virus and every time i switch it on the computer goes weird and the screen turns blank.
so someone will be repairing it soon (hopefully). sorry for any inconvinenience but i will continue on the storyline as soon as possible.
for now im having to use the family computer at home.

Ame thing happened to me back in 2009. My computer still worked though, and I had to hook up my laptop to a monitor for it to work and so I could see the screen. Shortly after, my battery died.

You need to change that if you want it to start in the Turks Tavern, yes.

But also in StartStoryline.c, you'll need to add this code:
Code:
	//Hitman
PChar.quest.Hitman = "";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay_port";
PChar.quest.Hit_start.win_condition = "Hit_start";
//Hitman
You can add any location there, but the sidequest won't start until you've been there. If you want the sidequest to be available immediately, set the location to the storyline's starting location "Tortuga_Port".

my dad's got the anti-virus system working! :woot . it sohuld hopefully be fixed soon :onya

pieter where exactly do i have to add that code in is it legend of jack sparrow ?

PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\StartStoryline.c . Compare with PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\StartStoryline.c which already has it.

Another random virus message. Never download a CD crack from the internet so you can play it without the disk! I tried that with KOTOR 2 once, and my father had to run a virus scan that took 30 hours.

i once played world of warcraft (cool game but costs alot every 2 months :( ) and i bought it from the game shop at 8:00 in the morning
came home and strarted downloading at 9:00.
finished downloading at 3:00 but my membership wasnt activated (or so i thought)
uninstalled (took about 30seconds which is ironic)
reinstalled which took untill 3:00 the next day! ( i woke up with the message that it was downloaded)
and in the morining i read about free trial transfer to real membership and i found out that it took 24 hours to activate :modding
so i got really annoyed with myself for uninstalling it for no reason when i had to wait 24hours :facepalm

ok the computers fixed but i cannot start today. i've got revision but i havent tried to play it yet because of the virus but it should work. i'll test it out as soon as possible

ok so pieter, i added the thing that you told me to add, i added the whole hit man storyline into the legend jack sparrow quest_reaction. i start a new game and nobody is there . what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you have to decide where to put the people in the quest.

Just below the code you posted in Post # 161 above ( in the Standard Storyline quests_reaction.c file ) there is this-->

Code:
case "Hit_start_check":
if(makeint(PChar.rank) >= 5)
{
SetRumourState("Hitman_start", false); // NK
StartQuestMovie(true, false, false);TrackQuestMovie("start","Hit_start_check");

bDisableFastReload = 1;

ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Ambroz Bricenos"), "Conceicao_tavern", "goto", "goto4");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Mateus Santos"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto7"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Desiree' Muerte"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto3"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug2"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto4"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug3"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto5"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug4"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto1"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug5"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto9"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug6"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto6"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug7"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto2"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug8"), "Hit_house", "goto", "goto8"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Thug9"), "Hit_passage", "sit", "sit1"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Camille Leone"), "Hit_passage", "goto", "goto9"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Pris1"), "Hit_passage", "goto", "goto1"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Pris2"), "Hit_passage", "goto", "goto2"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Pris3"), "Hit_passage", "goto", "goto3"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Pris4"), "Hit_passage", "goto", "goto4"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Geffrey Bampfylde"), "Hit_house1", "goto", "goto6"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Bucho"), "Hit_house1", "goto", "goto1"); //SCM
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Amerigo Vieira"), "Hit_house2", "goto", "goto4");

This is putting the characters in there locations for the quest.

So you have to do your version of this.

:cheers

Back