• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

What is your progress mate? Not that there is any rush of coarse, but I just want to know how far ye've gotten? Found any suitable Master and Mistress Ching models? At the moment, I believe we only have two Asian models, the Mandarin model (being used for Sao Feng) and the Indian model (being used for Sumphagee).

ive finished writing up the storyline and i need to send it to pieter boelen so he can check/edit it. but i havent done any coding yet.

i can send it to you if you want but i need to know your's and pieters emails otherwise i cant attach the file

Yes, and I think it is great. The only thing is that there are about 2 or so run on sentences as well as a couple of grammatical errors, but aside from that, its great. My only suggestion would be to add two more guys to kill in the name of Master Ching (perhaps a rich guy from Port Royal who is in Santos' other house, and a guy on the shore of Cuba.

yeah i know about the grammar. notepad++ doesn't have spell check. i thought that if i added a bit more men to kill then it will be too long but my sentances are quite long. we just need peiter to check it

I'll be sure to write up something for you involving either the Conclave or Jolly Roger side quests for you. Which is more of a priority to you?

i really dont mind. but pieter doesnt want to read jolly roger and i think conclave is more interesting so maybe conclave. up to you

ok. but do you want to add jolly roger into the game? i wouldnt mind doing that either.by the way i tried to do some coding today(i was practicing on the standard quest) and it doesnt look good. i must have made a mistake somewhereand the game crashed. so i had to replace the corrupt one with the original so it works again

For one thing, you're welcome to write and code anything you want. No need for my approval. Sure I've got some preferences of my own, but I'm not the boss here. :razz

Keeping your first story simple is a always a good idea. You can always make it more complicated as you get more familiar with the coding.
The first quest could be a simple matter of "talk to this person, he tells you to kill that person, kill that person and collect the reward".
If you manage that, you'd already have set a great step forward.

here you go.enjoy!
p.s
it's on notepad++ so you need that program to view it
and all criticisms are welcome (i know about some of the grammar :p)

Had a quick glance and it seems alright. You should try to get something of that in the game.
Have a look through to code to see if you can find the Assassin stuff or try to add a new character into the game and have him show up or try to add some text to any of the dialog files.
That'd all help you on your way. :yes

Back