• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20)

Hello

Code: (taken from hookmod_cleanup.c)
-------------------------------------------------------------

void hookmod_cleanup ()
(
worldMap.date.hourPerSec = 1,5;
)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Can I reduce this number to slow down word map time compression (safely)?

Welcome aboard @tako_muro!!! :cheers

I am not sure if it's safe i will check it out, in the meantime you could back up hookmod_cleanup.c and try to see if the game gets weird.

There may be a option for that in hookmod_settings.h, but I am not sure. :shrug

Thank you for both welcome and answer.

I think there is not any option other than this, I checked all files one by one. Well, I will heed you advice and try it but honestly am afraid to do that (possible late game -more- bugs). :)

You are welcome, @tako_muro!:cheers

Thank you for both welcome and answer.

I think there is not any option other than this, I checked all files one by one. Well, I will heed you advice and try it but honestly am afraid to do that (possible late game -more- bugs). :)
Well you could back up your saves just to be sure, at least if the game gets messed up you will have somewhere to fall back on. :)

Hi @tako_muro,
As far as I remember the cleanup file is used to clean up mod changes before saving the game so you could remove the mod at any time with no consequences
If you want to change worldMap.date.hourPerSec while using the mod, search for another place in code where it's being set (outside hookmod_cleanup.c file)

Hi @kb31,

I think you are right, but I can't find the actual code anywhere. Well, I realised that Hookmod already have OK (slowed compared to vanilla) world map time compression imho.

I think you are right, but I can't find the actual code anywhere.
Code:
    // LDH 29Jan17 set worldmap ship apparent speed
    // reset to default 1.5 when saving game
    worldMap.date.hourPerSec = 1.5 / MakeInRange(1.0, 3.0, WDM_SHIP_SPEED);    // LDH 09Feb17 sanity check for user input
I found this in PROGRAM\worldmap\worldmap.c

Does the version 1.6 works well with the game 1.6.2 version? I'm afraid to update to 1.6.2 version because I think it will screw up my game.

@kb31
For me the latest version is 1.6.1 and the mod does not work in this version as I could see after several tests. I don't understand what you are asking for in your message

In English and in steam this is the most recent version. I cannot confirm that version 1.6.2 exists. I have not found information about it. Whoever has evidence can show it to us. I can send you everything you need.
engine10.png

Beta test mode in steam release?
I'll have a look soon

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand we are waiting for the last DLC what would be the end of the game and the latest version. From what I have seen of this version I have noticed some changes in the dialogues and textures but I am not sure if it is because of my change of card or for the time that I had not played it. But there is not much information in a language other than Russian.

It seems like there are just some minor translation fixes in 1.6.1 so it was OK to use Hooks mod 1.6.0 for it.
I've still updated it to support these changes though I can't test it myself.
Someone, please test it so I could pin it in the first post :)

There are no changes in the mod itself since the previous version except one: regatta fix was removed because it seems like devs fixed it in the newest version (LOL). This needs to be tested as well...

Attachments

• HookMod 1.6.1.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 2,267
Back