• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20)

Welcome aboard @fang1121433! :cheers

You should get the version that matches your in-game version.

Unfortunately I can't further help you now if something more technical arises.
I bought the DLC recently and I don't have TEHO installed currently.
Once I install it, I would be able to test stuff, and give more technical help.

hi i have trouble starting this mod earlier, whats your ingame version on the main menu on steam? thanks

Hello and welcome to the "PiratesAhoy" forum

For the Hookmod to work properly it has to have the same version as the game.

The original English game on Steam has version 1.7.0, if you download that version of the Hoomod and install it it should work fine.

Hello and welcome to the "PiratesAhoy" forum

For the Hookmod to work properly it has to have the same version as the game.

The original English game on Steam has version 1.7.0, if you download that version of the Hoomod and install it it should work fine.
i have 1.7.0 but Hooksmod seems unable to detect it during my first trial earlier dunno why, but i just tweak the 09.04.20, lol

Not so good with other thing than "install and play" :) I would like to ask - with my version 1.7.0 and 5 DLCs witch mod is the right one and best for me, for example to fix the Reggata Bug? And maybe the achievements problems, not counting

Not so good with other thing than "install and play" :) I would like to ask - with my version 1.7.0 and 5 DLCs witch mod is the right one and best for me, for example to fix the Reggata Bug? And maybe the achievements problems, not counting

Hello.

The installation is relatively simple although it's not like you said.

I have the game with all the dlc's and the hookmod works fine.

About the Regatta bug fix, I don't know, I haven't done that mission yet.

i have 1.7.0 but Hooksmod seems unable to detect it during my first trial earlier dunno why, but i just tweak the 09.04.20, lol

Hello.

I don't know what's causing the hookmod to malfunction in your game.

Have you tested if the control keys make the changes they need to make during the game?

For example: When you go sailing from a port press the "6" (above the alphabetical keyboard) and if the wind direction changes the hookmod works correctly.

Hello.

I don't know what's causing the hookmod to malfunction in your game.

Have you tested if the control keys make the changes they need to make during the game?

For example: When you go sailing from a port press the "6" (above the alphabetical keyboard) and if the wind direction changes the hookmod works correctly.
i fixed it, like i've said before i just tweak the 09.04.20 required version, probably cuz was playing offline that time.. thats why i asked what version your game is on steam but as you have said you dont have it installed atm.. so i just read the hookmods.log. saw that the required version and just tweak it..

EDIT: sorry it was the nameless pirate who said that he does not have the game currently installed atm, can you tell me the version of the game you have on steam the one visible on the menu.. thanks, i dont have a connection on the pc unit im currently using and cant go home cuz im out of the country and no flights are available due to the pandemic. im just using my phone for browsing and such...

Last edited:
i fixed it, like i've said before i just tweak the 09.04.20 required version, probably cuz was playing offline that time.. thats why i asked what version your game is on steam but as you have said you dont have it installed atm.. so i just read the hookmods.log. saw that the required version and just tweak it..

EDIT: sorry it was the nameless pirate who said that he does not have the game currently installed atm, can you tell me the version of the game you have on steam the one visible on the menu.. thanks, i dont have a connection on the pc unit im currently using and cant go home cuz im out of the country and no flights are available due to the pandemic. im just using my phone for browsing and such...

The version of the game currently on Steam is 1.7.0 in English or Russian.

The version of the game currently on Steam is 1.7.0 in English or Russian.
yeah 1.7.0 (and the date) for example ver 1.7.0 ENG (xx.xx.xx) the x's seems like a date and since i dont have net connections atm, cant verify integrity on steam, nor cant i redownload, if my game broke cuz of the mods i download from the russian sites (imo its all textures and sounds anyways so most likely is not or my game has not been updated) for sure i have 1.7.0 tho cuz i download it on steam last week when i went outside to get groceries, i met up with my buddy who has a connection on his apartment and i DL the game their, also the main menu says 1.7.0 also, its just hooks mod cant detect it cuz of the date.. if my game broke, ill have to redownload it on steam on tuesday again cuz ill meet up with my buddy..

yeah 1.7.0 (and the date) for example ver 1.7.0 ENG (xx.xx.xx) the x's seems like a date and since i dont have net connections atm, cant verify integrity on steam, nor cant i redownload, if my game broke cuz of the mods i download from the russian sites (imo its all textures and sounds anyways so most likely is not or my game has not been updated) for sure i have 1.7.0 tho cuz i download it on steam last week when i went outside to get groceries, i met up with my buddy who has a connection on his apartment and i DL the game their, also the main menu says 1.7.0 also, its just hooks mod cant detect it cuz of the date.. if my game broke, ill have to redownload it on steam on tuesday again cuz ill meet up with my buddy..

This is the data you need, I copied it directly from the file where it is hosted::wp

ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20)

Although you will have to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it to debug any errors you make.

This is the data you need, I copied it directly from the file where it is hosted::wp

ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20)

Although you will have to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it to debug any errors you make.
welp thats the same as mine, the mod requires ver. 1.7.0 ENG (09.04.20) as stated in tehomod_hookmod.ini dont know if its intentional or not but thats the requirement on the file i downloaded, so i thought the steam version had a small update.. at first i thought does the mod really work? but i read the tehemod.log and it states that hooksmod requires ver. 1.7.0 ENG (09.0.4.20), i check mine and its ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20) and due to that hooksmod cease to work, but since i cant update my game, i just change the tehomod_hookmod.ini to ReqVersion=ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20) and the mod works fine...

Last edited:
welp thats the same as mine, the mod requires ver. 1.7.0 ENG (09.04.20) as stated in tehomod_hookmod.ini dont know if its intentional or not but thats the requirement on the file i downloaded, so i thought the steam version had a small update.. at first i thought does the mod really work? but i read the tehemod.log and it states that hooksmod requires ver. 1.7.0 ENG (09.0.4.20), i check mine and its ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20) and due to that hooksmod cease to work, but since i cant update my game, i just change the tehomod_hookmod.ini to ReqVersion=ver. 1.7.0.ENG (04.04.20) and the mod works fine...

The date of the Hookmod you're commenting on is when the partner @kb31 updated it, on 9-4-2020.

Not to be confused with the date the game was updated to version 1.7.0 which was 4-4-2020.

About that version change in that particular file, while it seems to work well, some options may be lost.

The date of the Hookmod you're commenting on is when the partner @kb31 updated it, on 9-4-2020.

Not to be confused with the date the game was updated to version 1.7.0 which was 4-4-2020.

About that version change in that particular file, while it seems to work well, some options may be lost.
but the hooksmod is looking for a game version which is 09.04.20 is not possible , since the game version is 04.04.20

but the hooksmod is looking for a game version which is 09.04.20 is not possible , since the game version is 04.04.20

You're right about the date of the required version of the game, but in my case it works fine, I've tried it when I go sailing from a port and I can change the wind direction.

I'm not an expert on the Hookmod either, I don't know if the other options are operational.

You're right about the date of the required version of the game, but in my case it works fine, I've tried it when I go sailing from a port and I can change the wind direction.

I'm not an expert on the Hookmod either, I don't know if the other options are operational.
did you used the english update of the mod? i just check it again and still is requiring the game to have version 1.7.0 ENG (09.04.20), if i dont change the ini file, the mod wont start, other than that it works perfectly imo, but if your also using/just tried the english update on this thread and is working fine, i guess its okay, thought it was a slight error on the english update of the mod by the mod updater..

did you used the english update of the mod? i just check it again and still is requiring the game to have version 1.7.0 ENG (09.04.20), if i dont change the ini file, the mod wont start, other than that it works perfectly imo, but if your also using/just tried the english update on this thread and is working fine, i guess its okay, thought it was a slight error on the english update of the mod by the mod updater..

My case is a bit special, I am using the 'Hookmod ESP' which translates the game into Spanish.

Basically it's a full translation of the game over the English version of the game 1.7.0 to which the Hookmod has been added to improve the gameplay.

In theory it's the same, but some features may be different.

My case is a bit special, I am using the 'Hookmod ESP' which translates the game into Spanish.

Basically it's a full translation of the game over the English version of the game 1.7.0 to which the Hookmod has been added to improve the gameplay.

In theory it's the same, but some features may be different.
i check the Spanish mod on the site, and it requires ver.1.7.0.ENG no date or whatsoever, it seems a slight typo on the mod update for the english update, since you knew about the mod updater anyways, might ask him about it, or you can check the english version yourself, its a typo error anyways, and most people can probably notice it easily as long as you have a slight idea, but for those who failed to notice it, theyll think the eng update is broken or not working

i check the Spanish mod on the site, and it requires ver.1.7.0.ENG no date or whatsoever, it seems a slight typo on the mod update for the english update, since you knew about the mod updater anyways, might ask him about it, or you can check the english version yourself, its a typo error anyways, and most people can probably notice it easily as long as you have a slight idea, but for those who failed to notice it, theyll think the eng update is broken or not working

:onya Well seen, I have corrected the error I made in the Hookmod ESP. It seems that I did not compare the files correctly with the Winmerge. :shrug

I will update the Beta to include that modification and the translation of the last dlc I recently finished.:read

:onya Well seen, I have corrected the error I made in the Hookmod ESP. It seems that I did not compare the files correctly with the Winmerge. :shrug

I will update the Beta to include that modification and the translation of the last dlc I recently finished.:read
bro did you update your spanish mod? i check your mod update, and does it run correctly? cuz i think you misunderstood what im trying to say ytd..

Hello.

I think I understood it well, although my English isn't too good

Taking advantage of your comments about the version and the date I found some differences in the tehomod_Hookmod. ini file of the Hookmod ESP with respect to the Hoomod ENG, and I have corrected them.

It works correctly as far as I have been able to test it.

According to kb31 the differences of the new version of Hookmod with respect to the previous one are minimal.

Back