• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Horn Player

Steinway

HoO Team Member
Provisional
I'm really excited about this project and would love to help in any way I can.

There seem to be a lot of composers around. I'm a music student and would definitely be interested in writing some music. Perhaps you could have an open process where everyone interested could submit pieces. The bigger the pool of talent contributing the more likely it is you'll get what you want.

Anyway, what I'm primarily offering are my services as a performer. Virtual instruments have come a long way, but there are cases (like slow, lyrical solos especially) where you can't convincingly fake it with computers. I'm a horn player with some professional experience and have always been interested in giving the online session musician thing a try. I'm willing to work with any composers or sound people who want some authentic horn added to their tracks. I could probably also do some piano, but my ability there isn't quite as strong.

I have access to some decent spaces for recording and shouldn't have too much of a problem getting a hold of some decent mics. I can make absolutely no guarantees about anything, although I don't foresee any problems. All of this free of charge, of course.

For a bit of money I could see about putting together a chamber orchestra to record some music (perhaps for a main theme?).

I hope that any of this could be helpful. I also have some programming experience, although I don't feel nearly as comfortable in that subject as I am in music. I'm brushing up on it though, sometime down the line when I've got a bit more experience I'd also be willing to contribute in that area.

Feel free to contact me for anything and I'll see what we can work out.

A horn player! Yes, your input will be invaluable when music is being made. Welcome!

Well get your C++ programming skills brushed up and we can help you get up to speed in the programming group! Welcome aboard!

He seems to be better suited for live music work, which we are lacking in right now. He probably won't see these posts, so I'll be PMing him about it as soon as this website speeds up again.

Thanks- I'll do that within a few days once I figure a few things out.

Armada- Please add to musicians group

Music straight away, or Provisional first?

You're right- provisional first actually, according to the new regulations.

Back