• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower Problem Build 14 Beta 1

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
At Jamaica when you transfer from HMS Justinian to HMS Indefatigable.

1)Arrive at Kingston port - game CTD. :shock

2) I got round this by landing at a shore and going through jungle to port. - Transfered to HMS Indefatigable - Set sail - Sea loading screen then CTD :sad

No error logs generated in either case

Code:
resource\models\ships\HMS_Indefatigable\HMS_Indefatigable.gm: can't open geometry file

AHHHHHHH!
Check that location to see if the GM file actually does exist :yes

Code:
resource\models\ships\HMS_Indefatigable\HMS_Indefatigable.gm: can't open geometry file

AHHHHHHH!
Check that location to see if the GM file actually does exist :yes

Thanks

In the HMS_Indefatigable folder all the files are named HMS_Endeavour. :facepalm

Some are different sizes and dates from the HMS_Endeavour files in the HMS_Endeavour folder.

Do you think I shyould just rename them all and see what happens. :boom

:rofl

Short Jack Gold - :bow

Hornblower Storyline completed to curent endings - French prisoner - Arrested for treason & executed - Meet Maria and Sharpe & Harper ( plus being Killed several times allong the way )

No further problems

Small items that need looking at: ( nothing serious )

Some names ( Titles ) are to long for F2 > Character and the Dialogue name box at the top of screen e.g. 1st Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower, The Duchess of Wharfedale

Dreadnought Foster - remains on the jetty at Kingston - he was just standing there ( after the arguement at the end of the fire ship ) later in the storyline as I was passing through.

Meeting Maria then Sharpe in Bridgetown tavern - exit tavern and Rifleman Tongue talks to you - Tongue keeps sitting on the ground and standing again during speech.

At the end of game & through the last 2 sections - still had several characters as passengers who had left the story - Archie Kennedy, Wellard, Bush, Buckland.

As I said nothing serious - Great storyline - waiting in anticipation for the next installments.

BTW - I have tidied up the walkthrough on the wiki ( I have not added the sections Short Jack Gold did not include in his original - but I have my own walkthroughs for those )

PS The quest desk of 2 of the ships (Magicienne & HMS Renown ) - same deck - has some textures missing - bundles of ropes look as though they have been drawn on paper and placed arround the mast - see images.

That looks not so much like a missing texture, but more like a missing alpha map on an existing texture.
Unfortunately, that's much harder to trace. Can anyone confirm this issue?
And, if so, figure out which file is used for those ropes so we can figure out what happened to the alpha map?

Firstly, THANKS for taking the trouble to do the testing and put this up. :onya
Short Jack Gold - :bow

Hornblower Storyline completed to curent endings - French prisoner - Arrested for treason & executed - Meet Maria and Sharpe & Harper ( plus being Killed several times along the way )

No further problems
You seem to have found them all. :onya

Small items that need looking at: ( nothing serious )

Some names ( Titles ) are to long for F2 > Character and the Dialogue name box at the top of screen e.g. 1st Lieutenant Horatio Hornblower, The Duchess of Wharfedale
Noted - I will address that.

Dreadnought Foster - remains on the jetty at Kingston - he was just standing there ( after the arguement at the end of the fire ship ) later in the storyline as I was passing through.
Already cleared in the story extension I am working on.

Meeting Maria then Sharpe in Bridgetown tavern - exit tavern and Rifleman Tongue talks to you - Tongue keeps sitting on the ground and standing again during speech.
VERY ODD - never seen that - and I have played that part many, many times - I will look into it.

At the end of game & through the last 2 sections - still had several characters as passengers who had left the story - Archie Kennedy, Wellard, Bush, Buckland.
YES - Me too - the buggers must like the game too :rofl
I have tried SEVERAL commands to try to get them to leave - STILL working on that one.

As I said nothing serious - Great storyline - waiting in anticipation for the next installments.
As I said - THANKS for taking the trouble in doing this.

BTW - I have tidied up the walkthrough on the wiki ( I have not added the sections Short Jack Gold did not include in his original - but I have my own walkthroughs for those )
From my perspective - if you give too much away in the walkthroughs, then the game becomes too easy. I prefer that players help each other out by having to ask such questions as "... I keep getting killed at such and such a place ... what am I doing wrong? ... sort of thing, as I think this helps with creating interest in the game(s) as a whole.

PS The quest desk of 2 of the ships (Magicienne & HMS Renown ) - same deck - has some textures missing - bundles of ropes look as though they have been drawn on paper and placed arround the mast - see images.
See Pieters reply. (above)

CURRENT WORK IN PROGRESS:
New naval uniforms - done (to be more in keeping with those seen in the films)
New characters added.
Storyline - Loyalty and Duty (variants of these to include the 95th) almost completed.

I will let Captain Maggee know when there is sufficient content to warrant an addition to the Beta game.

VERY ODD - never seen that - and I have played that part many, many times - I will look into it.

After the end of the battles with the French on Antigua - Rifleman Tongue was one of the soldiers sitting on the ground ( wounded? ).

That might have been carried over to when he reappeared next in Bridgetown :shrug

Attachments

• Rifleman_Tongue.JPG
    Rifleman_Tongue.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 198
After the end of the battles with the French on Antigua - Rifleman Tongue was one of the soldiers sitting on the ground ( wounded? ).

That might have been carried over to when he reappeared next in Bridgetown :shrug
Yes - I totally agree. (Yes he was wounded in Antigua).
That is the line of thought I am following.

For the passenger issue do you have a line of code like
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Will Turner"), false);
?

If so try this to get rid of them
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Will Turner"), true);
RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Will Tuner"));              //if is officer at time of removal
RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Will Turner"));

I thought you had that remaining-officer problem fixed a long time ago?
You mentioned it to me and I thought my suggestions had worked? Apparently not. :facepalm

Can somebody please try to figure out that rope texture error issue?
Or at least confirm it?

Note that the stories of Loyalty and Duty are a complete mish-mash of the books anyway.
So they're highly inaccurate anyway, so changing it wouldn't matter much, I think.
Actually, you should look into the stories of the books some time; LOTS of good content in there!
The movies do expand on the early books quite nicely,
but there's a lot of stuff in the books that isn't in the movies as well.
Especially for Hornblower's later carreer.

You mentioned it to me and I thought my suggestions had worked? Apparently not. :facepalm

Can somebody please try to figure out that rope texture error issue?
Or at least confirm it?

Note that the stories of Loyalty and Duty are a complete mish-mash of the books anyway.
So they're highly inaccurate anyway, so changing it wouldn't matter much, I think.
Actually, you should look into the stories of the books some time; LOTS of good content in there!
The movies do expand on the early books quite nicely,
but there's a lot of stuff in the books that isn't in the movies as well.
Especially for Hornblower's later carreer.

yep, rope problem confirmed, saw it onboard of justinian. I tried this with or without ENB graphic enhancement, but with no luck so problem should be with alpha channel of textures itself...

EDIT:
Well, so problemable file is HiDeckalpha.tga.tx in textures folder, but to correct it somebody is needed who knows what to do with it...

For the passenger issue do you have a line of code like (a)
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Will Turner"), false);
?

If so try this to get rid of them (b)
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Will Turner"), true);
RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Will Tuner"));              //if is officer at time of removal
RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Will Turner"));
Using (b) at the moment

Pieter Boelen, on 27 January 2010 - 02:11 AM, said:
You mentioned it to me and I thought my suggestions had worked? Apparently not.

No Pieter, your suggestion DID DOES work very well until now.
Something has effected these commands in the Beta version so I need to go back to the beginning and review all the instances where this occurs.
For some reason it is also affecting the ability to reposition officers as well.

I don't expect it to be a major issue, (I am working on too many things at once right now), so I expect to have it sorted soon.

Sorted: As upload the game ended with Sharpe wandering off - so I didn't bother adding the remove officer command at that time.

I moved my mods to the Beta game (to try to stay in sinc.) and forgot I had not done it.
Working fine now.

Yes - I totally agree. (Yes he was wounded in Antigua).
That is the line of thought I am following.
Got it to happen to me now - and I believe I have it sorted.
I will include the code in the next update.

Back