• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower Problem Build 14 Beta 1

Hi great mod guys
But have run into a problem:

POSSIBLE SPOILERs

I just reached the point where you are decommissioned in Barbados and find the dead french soldiers near the lighthouse. Sharpe tells me to return to Bridgetown, when i go there nothing happens and the most recent entry in the quest book says THE GAME IS OVER HERE. The guide says Bush should appear, but i still have him as a passenger and he only says that he has been injured, presumably from the fight on the Renown?

Hi great mod guys
But have run into a problem:

POSSIBLE SPOILERs

I just reached the point where you are decommissioned in Barbados and find the dead french soldiers near the lighthouse. Sharpe tells me to return to Bridgetown, when i go there nothing happens and the most recent entry in the quest book says THE GAME IS OVER HERE. The guide says Bush should appear, but i still have him as a passenger and he only says that he has been injured, presumably from the fight on the Renown?
You have reached the end of the story as was written for the first release.

The next release continues through the "Duty" story from that point.
Captain Maggee is close to releasing it I think.

I thought you had that remaining-officer problem fixed a long time ago?
You mentioned it to me and I thought my suggestions had worked? Apparently not. :facepalm

Can somebody please try to figure out that rope texture error issue?
Or at least confirm it?

Note that the stories of Loyalty and Duty are a complete mish-mash of the books anyway.
So they're highly inaccurate anyway, so changing it wouldn't matter much, I think.
Actually, you should look into the stories of the books some time; LOTS of good content in there!
The movies do expand on the early books quite nicely,
but there's a lot of stuff in the books that isn't in the movies as well.
Especially for Hornblower's later carreer.

yep, rope problem confirmed, saw it onboard of justinian. I tried this with or without ENB graphic enhancement, but with no luck so problem should be with alpha channel of textures itself...

EDIT:
Well, so problemable file is HiDeckalpha.tga.tx in textures folder, but to correct it somebody is needed who knows what to do with it...

Replace it.....drop this into your texture folder View attachment HiDeckalpha.tga.rar

damski.

Hi,

With patch 1.

Acouple of small faults.....Hornblower has wrong interface picture in the select storyline screen,..face_484 (128 size),shows Bartolomeu in Spanish uniform.
Closer look.... it seems hornblower chars. & Bartolomeu have somehow got crosswired and are sharing the same face id. numbers.=(461,462).
What should Hornblowers face id number be?... can't find it.

Jack Simpson has no dialog head showing.

damski.

Hornblower (as a midshipman) should be 461.
(As a lieutenant 462 and as a commander 462)

I have PM'd Bartolomeu and Captain Maggee to see what happened so we can sort it out.

Simpson should be 467

Back