• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Hornblower storyline- British are hostile for no reason

frigate1805

Powder Monkey
Hey i'm new here and this is my first post. I've recently been playing the hornblower storyline and i ran into a very annoying bug. Just after I got to Martinique to fight the french third-rate, i checked my relations status and for no reason at all, the british consider me hostile (-60). I tried restarting the storyline over and over and even reinstalled the game, but it still happens. Whats going on? Can I fix it? If anyone could help me with this i'd appreciate it. Thanks!:)

Thanks for the reply Hylie! I read the walthrough, and it said that you are accused of fouling the Justinian. Could that be the reason they are hostile? If so i don't know what to do other than to sail under a false flag because my ship gets blown to bits when i get back to Charlestown. :(

That is NOT supposed to happen. It has been some time since I played that story line but I remember having to do that part several times before it "took" and I could complete it. Do whatever it takes to get into port and continue the tale. There are some pretty interesting parts coming up.

Is this the bit where you have had the battle with the French ship Volcano ?
Perhaps you fired on the British ship during the battle - (that does tend to upset them!)

Thanks i thought about that too but i made sure not to fire until i was in range of the enemy ship, the weird thing is that i checked my relations just before leaving charlestown and on the way; and then i checked them the second i got there having not fired a shot and they were bad.

Thanks i thought about that too but i made sure not to fire until i was in range of the enemy ship, the weird thing is that i checked my relations just before leaving charlestown and on the way; and then i checked them the second i got there having not fired a shot and they were bad.
O.K. - Just to be sure:
Relations were good when you left port and during the journey ?
Do you know when they changed: during the battle or after it ?

You might want to try this:
As the enemy ship comes into range order your accompanying ship to attack it.
Ease back yourself and let your companion ship get ahead, if you can, to start the battle.
Actually, you probably won't be able to achieve this as your companion is very slow.

OR: in BuildSettings.h under CANNONS set EXTRA_HIT_CHECK = true
to false.

I should be able to look at this tonight - I certainly didn't program it that way.

Back