• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How enable save during battle ?

Benouyt

HoO Team Member
Provisional
Hello all,

i would like to know if there a way to enable save during battle, i played CoaS until i find this game with this great mod, but i would like to save in battle because i don't dare board a boat anymore as i lose always against the captain and it make me lose many minutes of battle...

Btw, is this normal that when ship surrender i must always fight against the capitain after boarding it ?

Thanks by advance for your aaanswers

If you sail far enough away from the other ship you can save, then sail back to the fight.

It sounds like you are still just starting out. Work on your melee and leadership skills and you will find that some will surrender to you and you can beat the ones who choose to fight.

Hello all,

Btw, is this normal that when ship surrender i must always fight against the capitain after boarding it ?

Thanks by advance for your aaanswers

Not sure about saving during Fights - but I think it is generally not possible. :(

For the captains of surrendered ships - there are different dialogs ( I think which dialog you get depends on your relations with their nation & your reputation- but am not sure)

Some of the dialogs have the option to recruit the Captain or take them prisioner. :yes

:duel:

Thanks you for your answers,

yes i just start that why its kinda tricky to win a one to one, for now i do the trick to go far then come back, its ok.

About captains of surrendered ship, i find in some info in the mod that when you have few crew and you are not super scary the other captain will just fight you (its what i got), so i think it work good for now. :)

Thanks, merry christmas :xmas

Save At Sea is a mod-added feature that the game engine doesn't fully support.
Weird things happen if you save in the middle of a battle, which is why it is disabled.

No, its not normal. If a ship surrenders, you'll just have to talk to the captain when you board it.

Back