• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to disable negative mouse acceleration?

I need a raw mouse input, I don't want to mess my aim in FPS games.
Are you asking for potc new horizons? (asking because I wouldn't clasify this as a FPS in any way)

Are you asking for potc new horizons? (asking because I wouldn't clasify this as a FPS in any way)
Yeah. Playing with acceleration messes with your aim. Even not 1:1 sensitivity, that's why I use kovaak sensitivity matcher in every game. In POTC New Horizons it's just terrible. Since you guys know the game's code, maybe you can help me with it. Non-raw input is stupid.

Ok, the mouse speed is limited by the character's model turn speed and have an inertia, so I need ot find a way to increase the model turn speed and disable the inertia.

That might not be due to mouse acceleration. You can set the game to full screen or windowed mode. The last time I set it to windowed mode, I had exactly that problem - my character turned extremely slowly. In full screen, I have no such problem. If you're playing in windowed mode, try full screen; if you're playing in full screen, try windowed mode.

Yeah. Playing with acceleration messes with your aim. Even not 1:1 sensitivity, that's why I use kovaak sensitivity matcher in every game. In POTC New Horizons it's just terrible. Since you guys know the game's code, maybe you can help me with it. Non-raw input is stupid.
Have to admit... I'm not even sure what "negative mouse acceleration" means.

But I do know Windows 10 messes up the responsiveness of the game like @Grey Roger describes:
...I had exactly that problem - my character turned extremely slowly...
The most reliable solution seems to be what @The Nameless Pirate recommends.
Because you set that specifically for this game, it shouldn't affect any FPS games you also play.

That might not be due to mouse acceleration. You can set the game to full screen or windowed mode. The last time I set it to windowed mode, I had exactly that problem - my character turned extremely slowly. In full screen, I have no such problem. If you're playing in windowed mode, try full screen; if you're playing in full screen, try windowed mode.
It's not "extremely slowly", I can play just fine (I did it 15 years ago) but I want the raw input. Fullscreen or windowed - doesnt matter.
Also is it possible you are using Windows 10 and the game runs at more than 60 FPS?
If so try limiting it to 60. Using RivaTuner for example.
Solved - Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware
Tried - no difference.
Have to admit... I'm not even sure what "negative mouse acceleration" means.
But I do know Windows 10 messes up the responsiveness of the game like @Grey Roger describes:
The most reliable solution seems to be what @The Nameless Pirate recommends.
Because you set that specifically for this game, it shouldn't affect any FPS games you also play.
I'm on the Windows 7 (best windows OS). Check this out:
Glossary:Mouse acceleration - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game
I'm sure there is a way to turn that shit off.

Tried - no difference.
You're not having any of those "unresponsive menu's" and "slow motion effects" then?
If so, there's very little that can be done.
Not unless @Hammie can eventually figure out how to change it in the Game Engine Source Code itself...

I wouldn't know about that. I play under Windows 7. ;)
The NO LONGER SUPPORTED Windows 7?!?
Is your game computer never connected to the internet or something???

I'm not sure about it, but don't the later service packs for Windows 7 introduce the same issue as Windows 10 does?
Actually, I don't remember any issues of my own while using Windows 7 either.
I miss it. It was a perfectly fine Windows version. Liked it better than 10 now. :modding

It would be great. Shouldn't be very hard for a coder.
Hopefully that's indeed true.

First he has to port the full game to the newest engine though.
He's working on that and seems to be making pretty good progress; but it's a lot of work too...

The game has no mouse acceleration outside of the default provided by Windows.

As was mentioned the problem is probably related to how the character is controlled, which seems to have some inertia and limitations on rotation speed. So that also adds a game design dimension to the problem.

We probably need to rework the character controller to change that.

Back