• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How To Install and Play in Windows 8 32bit

D.firman

Landlubber
I'm Running Windows 8 32bit, i bought this game, so i install this game, and when i open this game . It asks me to proceed and when i say "yes" i get an error saying "unable to proceed" ( error 1275)" insufficent privliges: you must be the administrator to run this application for the first time". i am the administrator and there is no other account on the computer.can someone help me please:shrug:shrug:shrug, i would really like to play this game :bonaparte

Good Luck. I've heard some REALLY bad stuff about Windows 8 from fellow DEVs and gamers concerning how it behaves and works with games. Please let us know if you are successful.

I tinkered with Windows 8 one day during the holidays and am not impressed. Seems like its totally focus designed around the interface and playing with all the myriads of little social apps out there in the cloud. So for people that are obsessed with how cool they are and letting everyone out there know it - Windows 8 is the OS for them - however for the rest of us in the real world who use our PCs to work, write and game, Windows 8 is crap.

Very disappointing when you look at how great Windows 7 is. They finally got everything right with Windows 7 and then they throw it out with the bathwater. In my opinion, this OS spells the end regarding the relationship that geeks had with Microsoft - who were only staying with Windows for the PC gaming capability.

The few of us still using Windows because of its gaming advantages will now go back to Linux and Macs using emulators. Good Job Microsoft!!! NOT!

Little story from a couple weeks ago. I could no longer get my BIOS disks from ASUS and had a bad HD on my G73 17" gaming laptop. So I dropped it off at Best Buy to save time. What a mistake.

They said they couldn't put Windows 7 on it because they didn't have it. They also said I wouldn't find it anywhere. The first PC place I called had copies out the wazu and I arrived back at BB copy in hand within an hour. After I left, Not only did they not install it but they lied to me about it for two days. They told me they had installed it and it was updating on their slow connection.

When I came to get my computer back they weren't done - so I just asked them to give it back to me anyway and I would do it myself. They hadn't even opened the Windows 7 package. When I questioned them they said they just needed the number on the box because they had Windows 7 - so I asked them why they told me they didn't have Windows 7. From that moment on their lies just completely fell apart. They also said they couldn't recover the data on my bad HD.

The good news is that after I thoroughly wirebrushed and chewed the ass of half the Geeksquad and their manager, the senior manager gave me a long apology, refunded my money and I got the new 1 Terabyte HD they had installed for free. Woo Hoo! I got a Christmas present from Best Buy!

Once I got home I installed Windows 7 myself in a little over an hour and using a couple of old parlor tricks managed to salvage all my data from the bad HD as well. Bottom line - never use Best Buy to save time. You're always better off working on your stuff yourself. I will never use Best Buy again for anything except phones. It is apparent to me that the reason they said they don't have Windows 7 is because they are in contract cahoots with Microsoft to distribute their new crappy Operating System....Windows 8.

MK

Huh! I like the local Best Buy although I do all my own work on the puters.

I also bought 2 copies of Win7 64 for Christmas presents from....................Best Buy.

Go figger.

Huh! I like the local Best Buy although I do all my own work on the puters.

I also bought 2 copies of Win7 64 for Christmas presents from....................Best Buy.

Go figger.

Wow some pricey software for Christmas presents! - with tax you shelled out over $400.00 bucks! You must really like the recipients.... EDIT: Actually you probably only paid a couple hundred or more. I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate which retails for $189.

I wonder if all stores are under the same management because they told me that they couldn't even order it.

EDIT: They are selling it on their website so....so much for my theory. I just wonder why they lied to me like that???

Last edited:
I paid under $100 each for them which is not too bad. Have you ever tried Turducken? That costs over $90 delivered and is delicious.

That particular store sounds like a good one to avoid. The one here is like a Sears replacement for electronics and appliances.

Back