• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to keep the square sails on bowsprit closing during battle

DF5

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I have found that the square sails on the bowsprit are always opened when I switch it to "Battle sails". I think it will affect me to look ahead when I'm in the 1'st person sight. also will affect the fore guns to fire.

I tried to use GM tool to change locators of xx_rey_xx.gm, but I can't find the difference between "Battle sails" and "Full sails". so I can only delete all the locators with "saild", but they will not open any more, even at the "Full sails". Is there a way to change them to open at "Full sails", and to close at "Battle sails"?

Attachments

• seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 213
  • seadogs2_0002.jpg
    seadogs2_0002.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 179
  • seadogs2_0007.jpg
    seadogs2_0007.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 178
  • GQ1OL]%V6D7K@6X)K%({%@Y.jpg
    GQ1OL]%V6D7K@6X)K%({%@Y.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Hylie Pistof would know better than me, but I seem to have understood that if the bowsprit is mast0 rather than mast1, the sails on them will furl during battle sails.

I have forgotten all of the gory details of how to do it, so will only say to take a look at NL_Pinnace and change the names on whatever ship you are using to match what is on that ship.

I think that mast 1 has to be renamed, and then all of the battle sails need to be named "a", as in rey_a6, rey_a7..............

Thank you very much. I found that a1, a6 are on the mast1, and a2, b2 are on the mast2. But I can't understand why can a1, a6 and b2 be opend at "battle sails", but a2 can't be opened.:eek:

Attachments

• 1~$A9GO00V}B4E]F7~XB{{5.jpg
    1~$A9GO00V}B4E]F7~XB{{5.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 209
  • J}FL35ULGX{MNH}G7~Q)@GV.jpg
    J}FL35ULGX{MNH}G7~Q)@GV.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
It is hard coded that all sails on mast 1 are open for battle sails and full sails. So you must rename mast 1 to something else to close any sails on it for battle sails.

It is hard coded that only sails named a- will be closed for battle sails. So any sails you want closed for battle sails must start with an "a".

Thanks again. I have understood clearly this time, and changed it to correct. Also, I made the spanker sail on the rear mast opening for battle sails.
There is another question: Can I choose some staysails to be closed for battle sails?

Attachments

• QQ图片20131101003517.jpg
    QQ图片20131101003517.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
The staysails are hardcoded as well, unfortunately, so they will only be furled when all sails are struck.

Back