• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help I just had a bug with saving

Andrew Myers

Landlubber
i bough a couple crystals in port and went to my ship and went to save and it didnt save it overwrote my data and deleted it and wouldnt let me save anymore now i lost all my hard work :(

Eh? Saves are usually pretty reliable. When you start a game, press "load", then press "profile", what does it say? Can you load your profile there?

Its doing it agian what happens it says somethings gona happen here in the goveners office even though im in caymen goveners office then when i try to save it wont and it deletes my normals save and when i try to quick saysit save cant save now is there a way to force save because i dont want to lose my hours of gameplay agian

I have no idea what is happening to your saves. You might want to read the FAQ and then reinstall POTC and the build mod.

Have you looked in the game's SAVE folder to see if the saves are actually being deleted or it is a bug in the game and it is not able to find them.

In the saves folder there is a sub -folder for each story.

The files should have names like -- >>> -=Player=- Cayman. Grand Cayman store 24-04-1777

The bit between the -= =- is the profile name this bit can be corrupted it you try to save under certain situations.

If you have a save file that does not have the -= =- bit this can be corrected by just renaming the file to add the -=Player=- to the file name and the game should pick up the Save in the profile Player.

Hope this helps

:cheers

i just checked all the save files nothing is there i guess it deletes it and bugs my game if i try to save in certain areas i am only saving on my ship and out at sea anymore thanks for trying to help talisman and Hylie i appreciate

Back