• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Idea: A Real Crew

i want to learn it mate...i know german pretty well, but i always wanted to learn another tongue of ancestery. i have family of norwegian descent too! :rolleyes:

ok... do you think its possible to make the crew mod??... it sounds great, but maybe it should be simplified a little :rolleyes:

Re: hire crew mod. There is no _technical_ difficulty in this, other than:
1. The time it takes to write, of course... :p:
2. The processor drain. However, that can be mitigated by calculating things out before hand, not during battle. I mean, the loading screen takes long enough _anyway_... :p:

The real difficulty is figuring out a system that is both easy to use for large crews (and the `not-so`-particular) but detailed enough for smaller crews (and the, err, particular. xD: ).
---
RE: walking around on ship.

Let me try to clarify a bit here.
The problem is not that you can't reload to ship locations.
The problem _is_ that you can't have both a land location, and a sea battle, going at the same time; i.e. it'd work like your cabin--time stops while you're below decks.

The other problem, of course, is at the present all ships will look the same: same gun decks, same hold. Oh, and they'll look damaged _just_ like the boarding decks, i.e. damaged. Except for the quarterdeck, which will look like the quarterdeck from, say, the Toff Oremans quest. On the other hand, you won't see any _other_ ships from that deck...

But, if you don't mind pausing action to go below, and you don't mind the above troubles, there's no reason why the feature can't be implemented.

But, if you don't mind pausing action to go below, and you don't mind the above troubles, there's no reason why the feature can't be implemented.

i wouldnt mind it, for sometimes ill go into my cabin during a battle to imitate a "dramatic suiting up", grabbing weapons and so on, bringin my officers. the only thing i would worry about is 'avin to use up so much of you all great modders time...for its not THAT big o deal, just somethin that would be cool! :cheers

Is it possible to if you go down to decks when hostile ships are in the area to maybe have like cannon sounds and crew running around and htat kind of stuff. It probably isn't possible but if it is I think I would be ok.
-Capo

Well my suggestion that you put more crew animtions on the ship walking all around ,and when battle comes out they have guns or muskets on there hands and imitating it that they are firing on the enemy ship :cheers ,that would be great matey :eek:ops

Hey Nathan can you do that?, making the mod,more crew walking,and they have guns on their hands when in battle and imitating that they fire the enemy crew on the other ship,actually to look more aggresive, they fire there weapons :cheeky

i think that nathan just answered that question vassal 8)

so i guess that you cant change the skins of the crew eiither??... i gave all my officers royal navy uniforms, would be nice if you crew were wearing it too :cheeky

Back