• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas to improve Nathaniel's tale

Peter Blood

Privateer
I had some ideas to enhance hawks's storyline. First, I think it makes more sense to change the year to 1630 instead of 1700 or whatever year it is currently. It would make more sense given the classic storyline. Also, I think we should change the campaign name from new horizons to Official Campaign in honour of the original game because it kinda is the main storyline. I think it would also be cool to have a choice to attack greenford by sea rather than just land becuAse in the original it was only by sea. We should be able to do one or the other because I always had fun creaming that little rock with my four ship of the lines. Finally, there should be multiple endings like telling Danielle that you were using her all along and killing her or having the option to marry her. You should also return to Kael Roa and try to find the treasure. We should also rename the black pearl and call it the black rose or the dark pearl or something.

Also, I think we should change the campaign name from new horizons to Official Campaign in honour of the original game because it kinda is the main storyline.
I agree that "New Horizons" isn't the best name, because it suggests it's new and it's not.

I think it would also be cool to have a choice to attack greenford by sea rather than just land becuAse in the original it was only by sea. We should be able to do one or the other because I always had fun creaming that little rock with my four ship of the lines.
The reason for the attack purely by land is because it's a workaround for the broken attack from the sea.
If that's fixed, we can restore it back to normal.

We should also rename the black pearl and call it the black rose or the dark pearl or something.
We've had talks about removing the film influences on the Standard storyline before.
We just need someone to work on that. Can't be difficult. :shrug

Very easily changed, especially if it remains between 1680 and 1739, which is the Golden Age of Piracy time period in the game.
Personally I don't care about the year -who is going to pay attention to that anyway?-,
but The Golden Age of Piracy period is set up to be very close to the stock game situation so we want to keep the stock game story there.

The period. In 1630, the uniforms were more Elizabethean and the Caribbean seemed more of a frontier which I personally found cool. Also we should make it as much like the original as possible.

That's all well and good, but NH has the Black Pearl in it. That would imply that it is in the same time frame as the movies. The EITC plays a major part in the movies which it could not have done prior to 1670. That was when King Charles II granted them the rights to raise armies and navies, build forts and wage war.

But we were going to cut all movie refrences from the movie. I suggested renaming the ship the black rose so we could cut out all references. In El Patron I am making a ship called black rose and I am implying that it is the same vessel in the storyline. I will also be briefly explaining the background of the curse. Just a thought.

Back