• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas

In General, I think that would be nice to improve the resolution of the textures of the Islands, as it is also important.

Last edited:
Plus, among other things, I would very much like-
that you made at coastlines and ports of a wave of a surf and sea foam.
This is certainly not the main thing, but for the credibility and aesthetics of the picture it would be necessary.

And another..
You can slightly soften the sharp and pointed corners of all the Islands.
To make them look more believable and natural.
And put near the port of "Jamaica" or the "Oxbay" palm trees and huts on the right near the lighthouse.

Armada damn it here I read the old comments in the thread, it is strange that so much time has passed and nothing new was said, But yeah not the point, I'm actually on the other..
Listen, don't you think that if you manage the ship to do so, you will lose thereby part of the freedom of action for which this game was so valued "Sea Dogs 2" ?
After all, even if it is purely theoretical to imagine that the main character will give the helm to his companion, and he will take the helm, and the Main character will go to the cabin, indicating a point on the map, it will be similar to moving between locations. And if you are a developer, why don't you take an example from the developers of the game "Naval Action", in relation to the movement of the archipelago in real time.
Moreover, they implemented it very well there, I must say.

Last edited:
And if we talk about the approach in in "Naval Action", the developers have implemented everything in such a way that the ships of kagba move on the sea without a map for the most part, and when priblezhenii to a particular island, it is gradually loaded, from the fog of the horizon and becomes recognizable as the main character.
Thus, on the engine "Unity" it is quite possible to implement the archipelago with the ability to swim on it in real time, since it will not be all at once in real time, and will load only what the main character will see in the distance, floating on his ship.
But this should be directly related to the consumption of both RAM and video memory for each island loaded on the horizon.

New Horizons Remastered is basically abandoned, @Armada and his company are making Buccaneers!; which could be considered the spiritual successor of NHR.

It turns out that they will not return to this project, first they threw a heart of oak, in General, although this is not surprising, they have a configuration is not particularly strong, they would need to somehow invest in this project, and then I think I think there would be progress. Well, in an extreme case, you could apply on the "KickStarter" platform, to raise funds for the project.

For now the project is not in development, and with the developers not being able to contribute I don't see it coming back.
But you never know, maybe sometime in the future, it could be picked up.

...they have a configuration is not particularly strong, they would need to somehow invest in this project, and then I think I think there would be progress. Well, in an extreme case, you could apply on the "KickStarter" platform, to raise funds for the project.
True; an extra motive could help.

I've already been to this link:
In development or not?
But I don't see anything new here, because there are even fewer messages here. Probably due to the fact that the project was abandoned.

"True; an extra motive could help."
Yes, it is, but what if you make a donation system from fans and just people on the site, as well as those who want the project to be released?

What say?

...the project was abandoned.
It was mainly @Armada who actively worked on this in his spare time.
He got sidetracked when he finished his game development studies.
He then joined Game Development - Skyward Digital, which is a startup Indie company.

@Captain Murphy was helping him out here and there.
But he got sidetracked by the eye of Hurricane Michael passing right over his house.

Skyward Digital is currently working on a pirate themed game:
Announcing Buccaneers!, a new Pirate Game from Skyward Digital
@Armada is taking everything he learned from New Horizons Remastered along with him, so you could consider it a spiritual successor. :doff

Yes, it is, but what if you make a donation system from fans and just people on the site, as well as those who want the project to be released?
The problem isn't money.
The problem is people-power and time.
Specifically people with the right mindset willing to work together.
That's easier said than found, as we all learned the hard way.

On the other hand, I also know it to be possible.
As I have learned here the FUN way. :cheers

I was thinking about it, and I had an idea, let's you as developers introduce me to the course on how to work with the "Unity" engine, and give me the latest version of the product, which was not implemented, and I, in turn, try to find something, and then maybe the project will work again, if it is still now abandoned..
Moreover, I will help you for free, if your configuration is so weak, then my configuration is much stronger.
Thank you very much for that generous offer!
I'm sure @Armada will respond sooner, rather than later. :bow

What I can already say is that @Captain Murphy, @Flannery and @Armada have all learned to play things close to the vest.
On Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas Windows game, they discovered that their well-intended freelance work could easily end up in other projects being sold for money.

@Grey Roger and the rest of the Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod crew are still doing and sharing their work fully for free though. :doff

I'm sorry, but the NHR code isn't being shared freely because the project contains several paid assets. We only allow new developers to access it if they have extensive experience with Unity, agree to keep the code secure, and have plenty of time to dedicate to the project.

My advice for now would be to either start tinkering with Unity and gradually build up your skills over time, or contribute to the PotC: New Horizons mod if you have ideas you want to test in an existing game more quickly.

Back