• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Improve Performance in 3D Sailing Mode

Select everything that applies to you

• -- WHERE DID YOU NOTICE ANY REDUCED PERFORMANCE? --

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -- WHAT IS THE MOST RECENT MODPACK VERSION WITH THE BEST PERFORMANCE? --

• Build 14 Beta 3.1/3.2

• Total voters
Even with the ZIP posted here?
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modpack-performance-issues.24859/page-6#post-504031

That one contains the Beta 3.3 versions of the perks-related and shipyard-related files, so putting those in your game should set you back for those.
If it indeed doesn't work, I'll double-check tomorrow to ensure they really ARE the Beta 3.3 files.

I tried that patch that is supposed to reset everything so I could start over on [...] the 3.5 installs. The [...] 3.5 install is still completely broken and will not even start.
Do you have an error.log for that?
That ZIP was made for a Beta 3.5 WIP version from a few months back, so there might be some incompatibility by now.

Yes there is an error log but I doubt it means anything.

Attachments

• error.log
    125 bytes · Views: 78
@Hylie Pistof: I checked the b14_b3-5_NoLag.zip file and it does indeed contain the correct Beta 3.3 code from the game that runs smoothly for you.
However, it was compatible with an old temporary Beta 3.5 WIP version so doesn't work anymore now.

The opening post has now been updated with TWO versions of this No Lag Band-Aid.
The first is for the public release of Beta 3.4 and the second for the most recent Beta 3.5 WIP version.
That should allow you to get both versions back up and running. Hopefully....

The beta 3.3-3.4 test mule now has incompatible saves so i will be starting over with that one.

The beta 3.5 install is still broken and will not start. It will get deleted.

The Beta 3.4 version is savegame compatible with the regular Beta 3.4 version, but not with Beta 3.3 because it isn't Beta 3.3 . :wp

What version of Beta 3.5 did you put the band-aid on? I made it for the current version.
Are you sure that is the one you had installed? If so, then please post your .log files so I can see about making it work properly.

I just did a complete reinstall using the files in the 1st post including the full Part2 and this time it works. So now I have 2 clean versions to start playing. Lucky me.

What zip? It should be jerky in all Beta 3.4 and 3.5 versions, because the shipyard code is the same with all of those.
Should be back to Beta 3.3 state with the No Lag band aid patches.

Opening post b14_b3-5_NoLag.zip has been updated for full compatibility with the latest Beta 3.5 WIP version.
Actually, it is MORE up-to-date as it includes Grey Roger's latest promotion rewards too.... :wp

No. It is not a fix and we still don't even have confirmed if it actually works for real.
Based on the posts quoted in the opening post it should, but as there is nothing consistent about this problem, it is apparently impossible to know anything for sure.
Which means it is impossible to actually improve anything for real because we still don't know what the deal is with this supposed problem.

That is also why this thread is still marked as Unconfirmed Bug as it is as random and inconsistent as it comes.

Trudat! Currently I can be sailing along and the game works great then a fleet comes along and it goes to hell and stays bad until I get to port and do that land stuff and it is working great again.

Or it is working terrible and a fleet comes along and it starts running great. The only thing I can say is that the memory fix @PotMaster made does work.

Yes. Sometimes it is bad but a lot of the time it is smooth. Before it went from bad to unplayable.

Opening post b14_b3-5_NoLag.zip updated one more time to match with the latest Beta 3.5 WIP update.
Unless we can confirm or deny that this makes any difference within a week or so, I will cease to update this.

So far this issue has proven as random and inconsistent as it comes,
which means there is nothing that can actually be done about it because we can't even figure out when the problem IS or ISN'T in the game.
And no narrowing down means that we cannot figure out if this is valid a problem and, if so, where it comes from.

I'll give it a try in the next update. Anyway, how do I install this? It says in the opening post, there's a need of an .exe. And I don't see any in the 3.5 zip file.

I have an issue here. I'm sorry, I can't upload the necessary files for further checking. I'm using my phone. Haven't set up the internet in my apartment yet.

Anyway, I installed the files above. Before that, I have a working install with the beta 3.5. But when I installed the two zip files, I got a runtime error.

EDIT: It seems my install ain't compatible with the performance issue band aid file. My game runs only with the update zip, not with the one here.

Last edited:
Back