• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Indiaman sails

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I saw something that Armada has done with the Rossiya and tried it for meself. It works! Four sided trisails should be standard from now on. :facepalm Here they are on a re rigged Indiaman.
Indiaman-1.jpgIndiaman-2.jpgIndiaman-3.jpg And Daisy Mae heading out.

What do you mean by trisails? Trapezoidal sails or triangular sails? A trisail is a trapezoidal sail rigged to a gaff. I figured that a four-sided trapezoidal sail would be a little too obvious. :p

I saw something that Armada has done with the Rossiya and tried it for meself. It works!.
I seem to recall you suggesting it to me in the first place... or was that something similar?
Either way, it does look a bit nicer than the default triangular stays'ls.

I meant modeling a three sided stay sail using four sides. I tried it with stay sails but did not think about doing it with jibs too like Armada did. The 1st and 2nd screenies above illustrate the difference.

I just realized that that appears to fix the heads'l problem that is also present on Constitution. It's definitely worth fixing if you get the chance.

Back