• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Indie Pirates: The Game

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I just ran across this one over on the IndieDB, it's called Indie Pirates: The Game, and has apparently been in development for a few months now. The game is being developed by Wild Beauty Software using the Unity 3D engine; and it really looks pretty good considering just how early they are in the development process. I haven't been able to find out a whole lot of information, other than what they have posted on their IndieDB page. According to the developers, Indie Pirates: The Game is the ultimate pirate simulator, and will draw you in to a world full of bandits and noble folks. Trade and fight other pirate leaders, intercept caravans full of treasure, enjoy fishing the open seas and much more.

You can find out more about Wild Beauty Software over on their official blog HERE, and you can follow them on Twitter.

Attachments

• Wild Beauty Software.png
    Wild Beauty Software.png
    12 KB · Views: 30
If I remember the conversations from a few months ago correctly the Unity engine does not do water well. Other than that she's cherry!

"Simulator"? By the look of those ships, I don't think so. The flat water looks worrying too.
Don't get me wrong; the game world looks nice enough, and they are still early in development, so things are likely to change.

At least it's nice to know we're not the only bunch of folks that want a new sailing game with a modern engine.

Yea, I agree, the term "simulator" doesn't really fit from what I have seen so far, but I am curious to see what aspects of Pirates! they plan on including. I am also not sure what they mean by suggesting POTC has no freedom of movement, obviously they haven't played our mods!

There really have been several Indie games announced over the past year or so that are taking on the age of sail. You would think one of the big developers would catch on, but they seem quite content just to pump out FPS's and fantasy crap. :shrug

Heya guys! I'm from the WBS team :) is very nice to see this little article in here! Thanks for keeping with us! anyway, the word simulator is pretty annoying IMO, we are trying to pull out the essence of pirates, adding some spices to it (in all sense, there will be spices). We have moved to something better than Unity, water now is amazing, and physics are even better, but keeping alive the UNity project, to go on tablets and smartphones! We are having much fun with all that stuff, we are growing very big, so every support u can give us, is very apprecaited! And we are also always looking for alpha testers ;) be there! on our FB page or blog or whatever u like!!

Good to see you here, WBS-Briex! Of course we'd be quite happy to support you if you can. Any thoughts on what we could do.

We've embarked on our own pirate-game-making quest as well with http://www.moddb.com/games/hearts-of-oak .
We haven't really gotten that far yet though. How closely do our ideas match with what you have been working on?
I would always welcome any and all collaboration; after all, the more we work together, the easier it should become if we can make it work! :woot

Good to see you here, WBS-Briex! Of course we'd be quite happy to support you if you can. Any thoughts on what we could do.

We've embarked on our own pirate-game-making quest as well with http://www.moddb.com/games/hearts-of-oak .
We haven't really gotten that far yet though. How closely do our ideas match with what you have been working on?
I would always welcome any and all collaboration; after all, the more we work together, the easier it should become if we can make it work! :woot

Nice to see that project! Anyway, we moved a bit, working on history. This chapter will be all about pirates, but with some little very intresting things into the end. We are opening the idea of pirates, as for us Pirates is not only galeon, is a way of living. But that's for the future. Now, we are working on full campaing, with about 130 missions (mains and smallers) all about pirates life. We are looking for helpers for sure, for that i'd like to ask you some infos about that ship i can see :) to understand if is usable or not ;) contact us on the FB page, so other teammates can reply to you too!

Do you have a link to your Facebook page?

Yes, of course! I was thining it was linked inside the article, but is not.

http://www.facebook.com/WildBeautySoftware

Anyway, we have some ideas that are pretty similar, maybe we have made some stronger decisions, that will make more possible 3D damage, fighting with islands and destroying forts, trading stuff, guiding a fleet. We are right now keeping some main infos secret, we want to do the huge jump in quality with the pre-alpa out.

We have moved to something better than Unity, water now is amazing, and physics are even better
Could you please give more information about this? Which engine are you now using?

Back