• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Infinite crew to hire

Bathtub-pirate

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hey guys,
I encountered a little bug. I was in the tavern on the pirate settlement on Hispanola. I looked to add to my crew. For some reason I could keep going (simply by asking the tavern keeper again), even though the counter for available sea men was already -6. So it seems that one can hire infinite crew. Don't know if it just applies to this specific tavern or if it is a general problem.

I have seen this before when after a bad battle with large ships I pull into a small port looking for repairs and crew. The tavern does not have nearly enough crew but I can still get a full crew by letting it go into negative numbers.

Methinks he went to -315 or so. I didn't complain because it got me out of a tight spot, but it is a bug. :aar

Dammit. I remember we had some strange stuff with hiring crew before, but I thought it was fixed. :modding

Yeah, I have experienced this before too. But also did not complain because it always get me out of tight spots and you know why. :p:oops::pflag

Yep.
Same with me - called pressing the locals into service. Take all the volunteers and then get the rest by other means....:cheeky

So far in this new game I have resisted Shanghai'ing crew, but this should be fixed some day.

Extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE and see if that makes a difference.

As far as I can tell, this is what happened:
When you open the Hire Crew interface, the number to be hired is automatically set to the maximum you can fit on your ship.
Since there was no check on available crew at the tavern, this could set the tavern crew amount into a negative value.
I have now added this check and I was unable to replicate the problem since.

Please test this and, if you do manage to break it, post a savegame before the hiring so that I can check. :doff

Attachments

• hirecrew.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 103
The above will be included in the next modpack update. I will consider it fixed unless I hear otherwise. :doff

Back