• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installation

JuarezCause

Landlubber
So, I just installed the game on Program Files but then I saw that I wasn't supposed to install on that folder, but the game is running fine I'm just not sure in what way does it harms the game, so if someone could help me out on this I would be thankfull!! Got some more doubts when scrolling through advanced options, there was one concerning the relationship between factions that said only to use if I was going to free play, since I didn't saw any free play when creating a new game I assume it means that I'll simply have to ignore the storyline then, correct me if I'm wrong!
One last thing I played AoP 2 sometime ago and I could fast-travel to locations INSIDE the town can I do it here?

On most newer Windows versions, installing the modpack to Program Files causes the security measures to prevent it from working right.
Therefore we recommend installing it outside that folder and then it works much better.
If there is no PROGRAM_new folder in your main game folder and no RunMe.bat, you might have been lucky and things worked as intended anyway.
What game version does the main menu list in the bottom left corner?

You can do Free Play simply by ignoring the story. You can do so in almost all storylines, EXCEPT Woodes Rogers and Hornblower.

Fast Travel IS available, but by default only to locations you have already discovered yourself.
This is one of the realism mods we added. See here for more details:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/features/arcade-realistic-and-iron-man-game-mode

We are currently reconsidering the way we have set up the realism options in the game and are looking for input.
If you have any comments on the matter, please let us know! We've been discussing it here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/directsail-timescale.18384/page-15#post-450199

I hope this helps. :doff

:ahoy

When POTC is installed into program files it activates all of your windows security features which usually means that some parts or all parts of it are blocked from working. Installing POTC anywhere else avoids that problem.

Free play means ignoring the story line and going where you want and doing what you want.

Are you playing the stock game or the mod? The stock game allows you to fast travel. The mod allows you to fast travel when playing in arcade mode, but not in realistic mode.

Ninja'd!! :ninja

Thank you for the fast response, I only have a PROGRAM folder on the main folder of the game and there's no runME.bat so I guess I got lucky. My build is Build 14 2.4 WIP 2

Back