• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installer File for Build 14

add a \ to your proposed install directory

it should look like this

"$PROGRAMFILES\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\"

good luck...

The uncompressed size of the Build 14 Alpha 10 is 4 GB; compressed would be around 1 GB.
I'm trying to get the size down at the moment.
At the moment I'm using NSIS, which uses the excellent 7-Zip compression method and seems generally pretty good,
apart from my above mentioned problem #3. It's true I use 7-Zip self-extracting EXE's for some installers,
but I won't do that for Alpha 10, because I want it to automatically run RunMe.bat and not require the user to do this manually.

What do you mean with "making the Build ISO" and "rich or plain"?
Personally I'd like a pretty installer, but I'll settle for something that works. :cheeky

actually, i`d like the installer ending up in popping a window, in which i`m asked if i want to run the file now or later, like the b14 alpha 9.5 one.
in the light of small typos and mispelled files you can find in such file, i`d say this would be the better option if someone wants to have time to check the runme before running it:rolleyes:.

It seems I'm not going to find a different method before I make the installer,
so it'll be EXACTLY the same as Build 14 Alpha 9.5. :yes

ok but i found this in nsis homepage:
4.8.1.21 InstallDir
definstdir
Sets the default installation directory. See the variables section for variables that can be used to make this string (especially $PROGRAMFILES). Note that the part of this string following the last \ will be used if the user selects 'browse', and may be appended back on to the string at install time (to disable this, end the directory with a \ (which will require the entire parameter to be enclosed with quotes). If this doesn't make any sense, play around with the browse button a bit

Hey, I just notice that the \ at the end that I added had disappeared again.
So probably it DOES work right then. I don't know what happened there.
ROCKET SCIENCE, I TELL YOU! :razz
Anyway, thanks very much. :doff

Does anyone know how I could prevent the RunMe.bat from SHOWING any errors, even if some occur?
With "echo off", it still shows errors. I did add this:
Code:
@echo off
echo DO NOT WORRY ABOUT "FILE NOT FOUND" ERRORS!
echo These usually occur when removing files that are already not there
echo or moving files that are already where they need to be

If anyone feels inspired to take the contents of the Alpha 10 Full installer,
add the Ransack Fix on top and recompile the installer file, I would MOST appreciate it.
Anyone can do it; all you need is the free NSIS program,, as well as the also free NIS Edit 2.0.3.
I can provide the installation script, as well as the file icon.

It can be uploaded to the Build FTP using FTP Commander.
If you want to help with this and do not have the login details for this
(they are on the POTC Modding forum), please say so and I'll give them to you.
It'd be great to have the installer(s) fixed and working properly without
having to wait two months for the earliest opportunity for me to be able to do it.

Is anyone here somewhat familiar with the NSIS installation program maker?
I need some help again. I figured out how to add components in the installer,
so that ENB Improved Graphics and SwiftShader 2.0 can be installed as part of Build 14 Beta 1.
However, I want these to be DESELECTED by default. How do I do that?

Cool that sounds good as... Im guessing we are only releasing a Beta full as SWS has compressed so many files ;)

That would be the superior option as it saves everyone from figuring out the installation sequences.

You do mean compressing, right? I just sat on the texture folders :)

The full installer is 1.54 GB now (compressed). I'd prefer making no Light installer,
but I know there's some people who have troubles with downloading big files,
so I probably won't have a choice. :(

I've been working at the installer concept and this is what I came up with: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/b14_beta2_test.exe
Please download and have a look at it; it does NOT include the actual modpack files, but does show you what the installation process will look like.
Let me know if you've got any suggestions for improvement on it and to make things clearer and more fool-proof.

(And now here's to hoping that the apparent 2 GB size limit on these installers is not going to mess us up. :modding )

I like what is in the license agreement. I keep forgetting about ffdshow. In fact I had to delete it in order to make it stop messing with POTC.

Cheers; it's not a license agreement per se, but I did want to "force" people to read through at least the very basics.
It points people to the most important installation notes, as well as the main places where they can find additional information, eh?

Back