• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

installing

BlackHawk

Sailor
ok downloaded b14b2 today.got a question do u install over b14 p7 or install stock game then b 14 b2..tried just installing b 14 b2 but get adnormal program termation
THANKS....BlackHawk

I have not tried to install Beta 2 over a patch7 game, but suspect it would work.

I installed the stock game and then Beta 2 and it worked fine. There are legal reasons for needing to install the stock game first.

Best is to install over the unmodified game, though installing over Patch 7 should technically work too.
For your error message, please enable error logging as per the FAQ and see what you get: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/

:piratesahoy!
Best is to install over the unmodified game, though installing over Patch 7 should technically work too.
For your error message, please enable error logging as per the FAQ and see what you get: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/
well installed stock game then build 14 beta 2...works fine so far..... as for error message that is when i just installed b 14 b2 without stock game first..did not try to install over b 14 p 7.
well this was a good Christams present for me... :piratesahoy! also i enabled the error thing... :onya

I got error messages too until I realized that for some reason the RunMe batch wasn't finding the right directories. I restarted and ran RunMe and the game worked fine.
It appears that Stock POTC loading images are in my game for some reason.
Was capsize mod removed? I hit a storm but didn't have to align my ship right to keep cargo from flying.

Capsizing is still there and should be working fine. The loading images should also definitely no longer be the stock game ones.
Are you sure RunMe.bat managed to do what it should? Check your main game folder if there is any PROGRAM_new or RESOURCE\INI_new or RESOURCE\Textures\Loading\English_new folders.
They shouldn't be there, as the batch file should have renamed them, but it sounds like that did not happen.
What folder do you have your game version installed in?

Indeed installing the modpack without first installing the game isn't going to work... :wp

It seems only "Sea" and "Battle" loading screens use the stock image now.

Capsizing seems to be working fine now too.

Still, not even those should use old loading screens; we replaced every single one.

I re-installed and it's still there, so either my installer didn't download right or my computer is just stupid.

I messed up the install, so the game is actually my Games directory.

I meant to install it as C:Games/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Carribean
but I somehow managed to put it in C:Games, without those subfolders, so when opening up Games there is no POTC folder, it just goes straight to program, resource, etc.
The game works fine except for those two loading screens so I didn't think much of it.

Sounds a bit messy; try to reinstall in a subfolder and see if things work better.

I ended up just manually moving the texture files to the right place, that worked.

Edit 3/1/12
Ok, so something is definitely weird here: Shortly after I fixed this problem, the aging machine I was using decided to go off and decide Windows XP was dead. So I bought Windows 7 and put it on that machine, and installed POTC + Buildmod, and the same exact thing (old load screens) happened, and I had to manually move the new resource files.

Sometime this week I will install on a different machine and see if this occurs again.

Back