• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Interface Texture Changes

Oh. Regarding the new interface buttons, there does not seem to be enough contrast so it is sometimes hard for me to see which buttons are highlighted. This is most noticeable in the shipyard when I need to repair ships and can not quite see which ones need repair.

Oh. Regarding the new interface buttons, there does not seem to be enough contrast so it is sometimes hard for me to see which buttons are highlighted. This is most noticeable in the shipyard when I need to repair ships and can not quite see which ones need repair.
Are you on about buttons that are not active, with greyed out text? I don't think the buttons themselves actually change colour; it's only the text that becomes grey instead of white.
Would it help if I made the buttons darker, do you think?

Armada is now ALSO our resident Interface Expert! :onya
I just change textures and numbers and see what happens... :razz

Drat! I was going to get screenies and forgot. :facepalm There is not enough difference between greyed out and not greyed out. I choose repair based on looking at the ship's stats and seeing that it needs repairs.

Here is a screenie, but it looks like it should be easy enough to tell which is active. Maybe the light from the window is causing glare.
interface.jpg

LOL! I'm afraid you can't eat it. :p

So we should use the dark version?
Probably. I actually think it fits in with the brown backgrounds slightly better than the lighter one.
With that texture, I also changed the 'scrollbars' (boxes with arrows either side) you see in the Select Storyline screen, to have a wooden background texture and gold borders.
Compare this screenshot to the other one in the first post:
NewInterface5.png
EDIT: I meant to add that you need the attached version of NEW_INTERFACES\select_storyline.ini for the modified character, ship and profile name boxes to display correctly.

Attachments

• select_storyline.ini
    6.5 KB · Views: 98
I also noticed that the blue version of the scrollbar was being used incorrectly with the item trade (buy/sell quantity) and discard menus.
The attached files fix that issue.

Attachments

• shiphold.ini
    9.1 KB · Views: 107
  • itemstrade.ini
    7.6 KB · Views: 96
Oh yeah, RESOURCE\INI\NEW_INTERFACES.

I think I've found one more incorrect use of the scrollbar, in the goods transfer interface between friendly/captured ships.
This file should fix it, but I haven't been able to test it yet. Same folder as before.

Attachments

• transfer_goods.ini
    5.2 KB · Views: 93
Thanks a lot! :woot

I also noticed that the blue version of the scrollbar was being used incorrectly with the item trade (buy/sell quantity) and discard menus.
The attached files fix that issue.
And these go into the regular INTERFACES folder, right?
Could you upload the original INTERFACES\select_storyline.ini please? I accidentally put the modified INTERFACES_NEW version in that folder. :facepalm

Methinks this is it. I had to zip it first in spite of the thingy saying it takes .ini files.

Attachments

• select_storyline.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 102
Thanks a lot! :woot

And these go into the regular INTERFACES folder, right?
Nope, they go in NEW_INTERFACES. They're fixes for the brown interface, where the blue scrollbar was showing up instead of the brown one.

Speaking of fixes, one thing that was annoying me was the text displayed in the Relations screen, where long character names (like Nathaniel) would cause some words to overlap.
I've managed to adjust the code so that certain lines ("Nathaniel - current colours" and "Nathaniel is known as") are anchored to the right, rather than the left, so they won't overlap text on the right.
InterfaceFix1.png
This time the affected file is NationRelation.c, and it goes in PROGRAM\INTERFACE.

One last issue I found was in the Colonies screen, where the "Manage" button is using the blue interface's skull-style texture, but so far my fixes in NEW_INTERFACES\TradeBook.ini seem to have had no effect. :rumgone

Attachments

• NationRelation.c
    17.1 KB · Views: 99
Uhm.... Maybe then once you're done with all this in a bit, you could upload your entire INTERFACES and INTERFACES_NEW folders?
I seem to making a bit of a mess of things here. :facepalm

Can do. :onya So far my changes only affect NEW_INTERFACES, except for the last file.
It'll only get more confusing once Rico starts working on widescreen compatibility... :razz

Back