• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Internal settings not right after installing new WIP update

Oh, oops. Better remove that InternalSettings.h from there. :facepalm

EDIT: Now corrected in the opening post.

@Pieter Boelen I installed the new ZIP and it was alright, apart from the internalsettings.
But the correction, you just made , gives me a runtime error. Cant start the game up.

Attachments

• error.log
    75 bytes · Views: 106
@Pieter Boelen I installed the new ZIP and it was alright, apart from the internalsettings.
But the correction, you just made , gives me a runtime error. Cant start the game up.
HOW CAN!?!? All I did was to remove "InternalSettings.h" from the archive.
But since that is ALREADY IN YOUR GAME, that should make no difference at all.

If you installed my original ZIP from today, you would have gotten the version with my debug toggles on.
And if you then install the second version, you would STILL have that very same file, because you already had it.

I really don't know what the hell you guys are doing when installing these files.
The amount of random errors baffles the mind.

Anyway, attached is the copy of that file from the Installer EXE. Extract it to your PROGRAM folder.

Attachments

• InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 87
Thanks! It works now. All I do was installing the ZIP and corrected the internalsettings
and it worked fine. Then I install the corrected ZIP and runtime error occurs ?

Thanks! It works now. All I do was installing the ZIP and corrected the internalsettings
and it worked fine. Then I install the corrected ZIP and runtime error occurs ?
So let me get this straight:
1. You installed the previous ZIP, which has the debug toggles ON: Game worked
2. You manually disabled the debug toggles: Game still worked
3. You installed the new ZIP, which does not include InternalSettings.h, but is otherwise identical to the previous version: Game stopped working with an error pointing to InternalSettings.h being wrong
4. You then replaced InternalSettings.h with the one I posted: Game works again

In other words: "unzipping a file that doesn't contain InternalSettings.h somehow affected InternalSettings.h".
That.... I have no words for how much that doesn't make sense. o_O

Back