• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is it possible to turn off nights?

I do not think that is possible as the day-night cycle is hard coded into the game engine. Have you tried turning up the game brightness in "options"?

In PotC, I also try to avoid night fights. Indeed very dark. :yes

I hate fight at nights. I don't mind fog but night is just useless because you can't see shit.

Yes you can, if you are using a developer modded copy of a mod such as GOF which allows immediate access to debug functions.
Use the bracket keys, [ or ] to change the day/night cycle.

Nice photo.

Thanks, people.

I really enjoy this game. I play with GOF from the beginning. I'm with Jack Aubrey and I wonder if there is a storyline in the game?
(I love ship battles and I complete stupid missions for almost everyone. But now f.e. I dunno what should i do with my money? ) In the DVD case it says there is 3 different storyline or 'quest series'. One for pirates etc... but when it will starts or where?

Thanks, people.

I really enjoy this game. I play with GOF from the beginning. I'm with Jack Aubrey and I wonder if there is a storyline in the game?
(I love ship battles and I complete stupid missions for almost everyone. But now f.e. I dunno what should i do with my money? ) In the DVD case it says there is 3 different storyline or 'quest series'. One for pirates etc... but when it will starts or where?

http://ageofpirates.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Pirates_Wiki
Contains SPOILERS, so be careful.

I hate fight at nights. I don't mind fog but night is just useless because you can't see shit.

Personally I love night battles, but sadly we can't turn lights off. I'm sure if some people was willing to change the way it works then an option could be added, but this is most likely never going to happen because we have no one working on the source code or any coders working on COAS.

I dont like thoose stupid lights on my ships. Seriously, I can't belive they wanted themselves being visible during night combats.
Another problem: in a bigger fight i have serious lag (im on latptop), but i could play with a good pc I just cant find my savegames/profile. Where is it? And sorry for crap english.

The SAVE folder should at least have a player folder with an options folder in that. You have nothing?

After installing COAS did you do a copy of the COAS files and folders and paste them into a new folder and then install the mod over that? If so then go into the folder you created for the modded version of COAS as this is where your save file will be located.

Back