• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is it possible?

smallsword8

Landlubber
Ahoy, forum members!

I know I've been posting alot but I'm just a little curious.
Is it possible to make the cannons on ships fire slower like in AOP: COAS? The way the guns fire in PotC, all at once, the recoil will knock the ship to the brink of capsizing. Since the objective is to aim for realism, is there anyway we can change it ourselves? If there isn't, is there a way to modify the script to achieve this?

I just find it would be better if the cannons fire slower than all at once. Also I would like to ask if anyone could make a better sail texture to replace the 'Pure White Sails' option. The sails look nice but it's destroyed by the lines running down the sails. If we could have REALLY PURE White sails like in the trilogy, or M&C, it would be splendid!

Also I would like to note that I still don't know what to do with the Antigua Fort. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my Antigua fort thread.

Many thanks,

Toni

The cannons already DO fire much slower, but it depends on your gunnery skill.
So when you start a new game, the guns fire at random intervals, taking a few seconds to fire an entire broadside.
As you level up, and reach level 10 on gunnery skill, the guns will fire almost all at once.
However, if that's too quick, there must be a way of toning down the increase in fire rate with skill level. Don't ask me how, but it is possible. :yes

As for pure white sails, yes that is achievable. I've already improved the Cursed Black Pearl sail texture to match the film better, so this should be easy. ;)

EDIT: I've made some changes to the pure white sails now.
The lines are still there, but are very faint, just as they should be (I think).
I would upload an image, but that's not working right now. :facepalm

If you have already maxed out your skills, then you are playing on too easy of a level. :whipa Also, you can lose all of those magical trinkets that increase your skills so much.

Post away! More posters = more ideas.

Ah, thanks for reminding me about this.
I think the file attachments are working again, so here's a picture of the new pure white sails:

New_purewhite_sails.jpg

Are they 'pure' enough, do you think? They look slightly weathered still, but does that effect work well? :shrug

Exactly the kind I'm looking for! Good work! The weathered effect is subtle, but makes a great difference. Wonderful =D

Good to know, thanks Toni! :cheers

I'll upload the textures as soon as the file uploader starts working again... stupid thing keeps failing and I then get signed out. :facepalm

Trust me, keelhauling is reserved for language of a far more, erm... 'colourful' variety, let's say.
And who is this "Pieter of Keith" of whom you speak...? Sounds like a knight from some distant land. xD:

I'm on about the attachments function, and it seems that it no longer works when editing a post to attach something, but does work when composing a new reply... that needs confirming.

And please, it's 'Armada' now, not 'EC', just as you prefer 'Toni' over 'Mr. Ryan'... even though I'm sure you'd prefer 'Commodore Ryan'... ;)

When I am traveling this site is nearly non functional, but when I am home it works ok but slowly. Only the occasional time out ruins it. I wonder how these things affect traffic?

And who is this "Pieter of Keith" of whom you speak...? Sounds like a knight from some distant land. xD:
Sorry, I meant Pieter or Keith. Blame the arrangement of the F and R keys :whipa

even though I'm sure you'd prefer 'Commodore Ryan

Yes, we all prefer a certain title, but it's not about whether we want it, it's about whether we DESERVE IT!
For now, I'll stick with Midshipman =)

I wonder how these things affect traffic?
No idea. It's a mystery why the site behaves as it does.

No keelhauling required; computers ARE stupid things! :boom
Aye! They'll be the ones walkin' the plank if they be steppin' out o' line! :walkplank

Sorry, I meant Pieter or Keith. Blame the arrangement of the F and R keys :whipa
I know, but the result was pretty funny, you must admit. xD:

Yes, we all prefer a certain title, but it's not about whether we want it, it's about whether we DESERVE IT!
And who's to say you are not deserving of such a title?
Well if you're not ready now, keep contributing the way you are, and you'll be rewarded for your efforts...

you'll be rewarded for your efforts...

What do I win? Extra ration of virtual Rum / Grog? Or a free ticket aboard HMS Victory to have a visit with the cat-o-nine tails? Or maybe to have a job tending to the powder magazine only to get broadsided and have the magazine blow up in my face?

Cos that sounds like a cool plan! Sign me up!

I'm probably the only person on this forum with a title below his avatar that he actually deserves. :razz

I'm probably the only person on this forum with a title below his avatar that he actually deserves. :razz
Maybe one day someone else will turn up and use their real title... that would put you in your place. xD:

Back