• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

It appears that any ship above 5th rate crashes my game

Tall ship

Landlubber
I am suffering almost regular crashes when going from world to sea or from land to sea, till now i considered it random but then i realized i never saw a ship above 5th rate although realistic mode is on and i should be seeing ships up to 3rd rate almost regularly, here is my log, it is from a few days ago but the problem was persisting for some time so there is bound to be something here.

Attachments

• system.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 77
  • compile.txt
    110.3 KB · Views: 67
I just looked at your logs and outside of there being a lot of textures missing and some sort of problem with Oxbay they are normal. Maybe a coder could see more. What are your computer specs?

The larger ships are rare, and you might not see any 3rd rates at all for a long time. You are sailing around in a class 3 merchant ship, so you will mostly see other merchant ships. If you had a big warship after a while you would start to see other big warships too.

I just looked at your logs and outside of there being a lot of textures missing and some sort of problem with Oxbay they are normal. Maybe a coder could see more. What are your computer specs?

Exactly, game often crushes at Oxbay port and nearly every time i try to enter a naval battle, can said textures be replaced? maybe that is the hole of a problem.

You are not going to like this, but it may be a corrupted install. If an island is bad the best thing to do is re-install.

You are not going to like this, but it may be a corrupted install. If an island is bad the best thing to do is re-install.
Um id do it this second if i knew it would solve my problems but is there any guarrante of that? maybe the files are missing altogather and need to be aded via patch, can i determine if that is so?

It's hard to tell what can be done to fix this from those logs. What concerns me, though, is the 'Bad memory address' errors at the bottom of the system log.
Perhaps it would be worth running a system defrag and/or disk clean-up. That has been known to resolve some issues before.
If the problem still exists after that, a re-install might be necessary just to see if it helps. You can back-up your SAVE folder first if you don't want to lose all your game progress.
You should start a new game after re-installing to see how things go for a while, before going back to any old saves.

If re-installing still doesn't fix the problem, then I suspect either the game wasn't installed correctly, or your download was somehow corrupted.

Thank you, i did as you said and it worked out fine, i am still having problems unrelated to the textures, this line in logs is appearing very often:
Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation

is it possible my system cant swallow new dynamic graphic and if so can i switch some unimportant stuff(like waves for example or explosion animations) with stock POTC to take a strain off my graphic card?

Uh ohh, a hardware problem. The current wave action is simplified from build 13, so that should not be a problem, and explosions can be set to your preferences either in "options", "advanced options" or in "InternalSettings.h" in POTC--->program.
The ships themselves are the biggest graphic change from stock POTC. What video card are you currently using?

I looked up that card and it is not for gamers. Yours may have defective memory, or simply not enough memory. That card starts at 128mb of ram, which isn't nearly enough. At Amazon it sells for just under $60 US. Here is what Amazon is currently selling in that price range. Note that some of them have 2gb of ram. Amazon.com: ati radeon 2400 Computer Graphics Cards

Back