• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Item traders having to much or to few goods and money

Yea here u go, i totally forgot to put it.
Also got some other reports i will post in new threads
Looks like Violette de Colville is a level 10 Shop Keeper. She's got 6 Commerce (not 10?) and all Commerce Abilities.
That makes her probably one of the best merchants in the game!

Indeed she does have hundreds upon hundreds of items. Does look excessive.
I wonder if that could always happen in the past or if the new "Shop Keeper" character type might have thrown the old system out of whack.

There are a few related issues with item traders that I'd like to see taken care of some time:
Confirmed Bug - Item Trader No Items and No Money | PiratesAhoy!
Medium Priority - Making Use of More Unique Trader Types | PiratesAhoy!
Medium Priority - Making Better use of Indian Weapons | PiratesAhoy!
Perhaps they can all be joined together in a rewrite of the related code.
But probably better to wait with such a project until after Beta 4 has been released.

For now, I'd be curious to know if this is a common issue and how much it messes up the game....

Reactions: A.H
Thanks for recommendation on the TGA program, I'll check it out tomorrow :)

When I press CTRL + Print scr... it takes the same shot.. on left side is the background (game folder) and on right side is always the same.. a partial logo of the game with some colors underneath it.
Untitled.jpg

I did F8 now but I don't see any SS folder in my game folder.. do I have to make one ?

PS. With regards to market.. I just came by a shopkeeper with 999 medicine... and another one with 79million gold.. richer than sir francis & morgan combined? :D

Ok perfect now I can make SS with F8... however I pressed it once and it took 18 screenshots of the same type :eek:

2.jpg

I've planned to take a look at the item traders in the next week(s).

With regards to the item shop availability there is another issue... the availability of higher level items were already available eversince I was level 5.
I do have the option of item trader availability to be available for higher levels .. but whereever I go there are all sorts of items and weapons.
Managed to get the best weapon and gun early in the game :D

This also includes when you kill enemies... I got a fine horsepistol when I killed someone back when I was lvl 7-8.
This pistol is the best in the game and I remember it never appeared before turning level 25-30.

With regards to the item shop availability there is another issue... the availability of higher level items were already available eversince I was level 5.
I do have the option of item trader availability to be available for higher levels .. but whereever I go there are all sorts of items and weapons.
Managed to get the best weapon and gun early in the game :D
Check your InternalSettings.h file; I recall there is a switch in there somewhere to choose whether the appearance of high level items depends on the player or the quality of the trader.
Still, the "minlevel" check should still work so I don't know what's going on there. o_O

* This is related to the shopkeeper items.. couldn't find the thread so i'll write it here.
I have realized that all towns now have a poor selection of items (especially weapons),
In previous versions you can find a great variety of goods and good numbers of them. This definitely has something to do with the excessive increase of goods at start of game. Now the quite opposite is happening.

Merged the two threads about the item traders because they will be fixed by the same fix I hope

The one I looked into ages ago was related to town economy. See my posts somewhere earlier in the thread.

I use the latest version + the zip file update, and in my game (Freeplay) the shops/market vendors sell little to no weapons.
I usually see only around 2-3 weapons and 2 armour pieces, they sell alot of medicine and other items like books or spyglasses though, Im level 40 btw.
Is this a bug or a game feature?

Probably your level is so high that the game starts thinking that every weapon is not good enough for you.
Which is stupid, of course. :facepalm

Yeah kinda stupid, cant buy weapons for my companions/crew members, got to loot body's for weapons now... :confused:

Yeah kinda stupid, cant buy weapons for my companions/crew members, got to loot body's for weapons now... :confused:
it's a known problem and we are working on it, but it's a hard one to tackle

Well I tried turning off, realistic merchant items or what ever its called in the preference menu, and the merchants have more weapons now.. alot more haha but atleast they have weapons which is important for me.

The part of the rpg merchants check that sets a minimim floor with item levels based on player level could be either removed altogether, or turned off if the player gets to a certain level. Alternatively, make it so that the floor never goes above level 12 or so no matter how high the player level, so the mid tier blades are always there.

The heart of rpg merchants setting is restricting the top level of blades the player can get access too from shops, restricting the worse blades isn't really needed, and can be removed or softened.

I'd offer to do it but still swamped at work, only had a spare few minutes to swing by.

If you land at a beach rather than in port, traders and the store don't have any equipment for sale, and traders don't have any money so you can't sell equipment to them either. It seems that equipment - and trader money - is only initialised properly if you go to the port.

If you land at a beach rather than in port, traders and the store don't have any equipment for sale, and traders don't have any money so you can't sell equipment to them either. It seems that equipment - and trader money - is only initialised properly if you go to the port.
That's not good at all. It shouldn't depend on where you are anyway, should it?

I want to take a look at the trader code for a long time already, but I'm waiting untill a new release is done before tackling this.

Back