• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Key Assignment text with mines and DS toggle

CouchcaptainCharles

COO (Chief Oddity Officer)
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
View attachment Default Key Assignments.txtA small addition: here is an updated version of the Documentation\Default Key Assignment.txt file. It now mentions that at sea Key 0 toggles Directsail and Key 9 launches a mine. IMHO this makes sense cause otherwise many new players will ever realize that these functions exist. :mm

The Build really has a luxury problem: there are so many new features and things that many will newer be used :)

Those are good things to know. I use the "0" toggle often, but keep forgetting about the mine. :onya

oh! and don't forget the 'M' key now opens the archipelago map when on land(i've added it to my Default Key.txt already).

hmm does it do it at sea as well?(i've not tried it that way)

Thanks CCC! Much better, and much more thorough than what I had cobbled together for the manual. :onya

Thanks for the thanks :doff , but I only added two lines to the already existing file.

As ingame info is probably the best way to brief new players, here an addition to the interface text for the Gunpowder trade good, in Resource\INI\Texts\English\GoodsDescribe.txt :
Code:
Gunpowder {Gunpowder}
Gunpowder_descr
{
Invented in China, gunpowder is needed for a ship's cannons. Without it they'll be quiet as the fishes. So check your supply regularly. You can launch a barrel with 300 units as antishipmine (Key9 at sea)
}

And a small typo fix for Resource\INI\Texts\English\SettingsDescribe.txt :
Code:
settingdialog_camera2
{
From 0.1 to 1.0: With higher value - camera will be moved farther to the some side from characters (max. value not suitable for all locations)
}
(Was "value will suitable not")

BTW, the settings Interface is a wonderfully comfortable and accessible way to tweak the game. Much better than the Buildsettings file we had in my days. Great work :onya

Attached files based on Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6 !!! And they are of course only proposals, use or change them to your liking :nk

Attachments

• GoodsDescribe.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 90
  • InterfaceDescribe.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 82
Back