• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Couronne 1636

pgargon

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
La Couronne was an emblematic flagship of the French Navy built in 1636 by Cardinal de Richelieu.

La Couronne was the first man of war built by the French themselves in accordance to Richelieu's plans to renew the French Navy, after a series of ships built by the Dutch. The contraction was overseen by the famous carpenter Charles Morieur, from Dieppe. She one of the most advanced vessels of her time. She was equipped with 64 heavy guns, 8 firing to the bow and 8 to the aft.

She is ready for fight. :keith

Update 04.Nov 2010
+ Fix reverse lighting bug

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/La%20Couronne/La_Couronne_1.01.rar

Have fun. :dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V4P5ohpAH4

Looking good! Nice to see another 17th Century ship AND a French ship in one go. :woot

I was just about to say the same thing. We don't have many ships of her type yet AND we don't have many French ships.
So she's a win on all accounts, especially with your usual standard! :woot

pgargon i think you have many people who would love to kiss you right now. We have many great ships, but sadly we don't have many French or Spanish ships and you are reworking that and i for one think its about time we started to see some ships for those nations.

64 guns, that would put her in class 3 for the combined mods which is perfect. Ships with 70 to 90 guns are class 2. We need more ships for classes 2 and 3 and i think she can replace one of the Batavia's we have in CM right now, which are class 5 ships in CM of course.

Look forward to seeing the updates as and when they come. Keep up the good work bud and thanks. :onya

Coming along nicely, mr. p :onya

Very good work on the hull, I bet it wasn´t easy to get the shape right.

Wow, you work quickly! That's impressive, congratulations once again! ;)

Ah i'm in love now. I can picture myself getting lost when that ship is generated even for enemies and while she's blowing me to bits i would be sitting there thinking wow, i got to get myself one of them.

Impressive, pgargon!

Oh, I just saw the figure on the deck, this thing is HUGE! :woot

No, the La Couronne is completely new. :nk
Yes, the La Couronne is real huge, up to 70 m from stern to bowsprit.
The model of Soleiy Royal is way too big and unfortunately can not edit with the tool and what comes out it is unusable. :shrug

I like those words "new model" makes it all the more excitting to see her ingame (more so as a friendly ship) wouldn't want to go up against her. xD:

Strange, wounder what tools was used to make her then.

At the rate you're going, pgargon, 'La Couronne' may be another one for the ship pack! :woot

Oh my.... If you keep making ships like these, we can just make our own new seafaring game :p They are much better than the original models ;) Perhaps some texture tweaks might be nice though.

BTW does anyone know if the Storm engine can use normal maps.

Back