• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Couronne 1636

Ooooooo this means she's almost finished right?

The tension is building now, i can't wait to get my hands on this baby. :dance

Thank you. :bow
Yes, now the work begins at the decorations and the details of the vessel. After that, then to sail into battle. :ixi
This will take some time. Here is the correct rigging.

O.O

Wow...

Any chance for close up pic of the stern decorations? :onya

Looks awsome! With every Porject your level of historic accuracy increases. How is the air up there on the olymp of ship building?

Thank you. :gday
I like it just the same as you, if the ships in the game are as realistic as possible. Only the figurehead, I have borrowed from a Akella ship.
I hope I still find an exact image of the original figure.

Nice work bud, i'm really looking forward to seeing her in game. The detail you have put in to this and other ships you have made has been incredible, keep it up bud. :onya

Awesome work, pgargon!

I hope I still find an exact image of the original figure.

I did some research, too, and the best pic I could find is in Mondfeld's 'Historic Ship Models'. But I suppose you already know about it. IIRC, it shows a man riding a horse (or some kind of seamonster?).

That's a SERIOUS stern! And what's those red and gold... bulbs? Are they lanterns?

Yes these are lanterns, Pieter. This is a flagship and characterized by these giant "Easter eggs" as such. :rolleyes:

@ Bava
You are right the best is found at Mondfeld's 'Historic Ship Models'. In almost all representations varies the shape of the animal. In my plan there is a sort of giant bird. I hope the figure fits provisional until we have found a better or the texture has been replaced. I was not too much polygons assigned to it. ;)

Nice figurehead :yes

Did you use this pic as a base?
12.jpeg
Le Saint Louis

Alright, thanks for clarifying, Pgargon. I was sure it'd make sense, but they DO look like easter eggs! :rofl

Now we have with the La Couronne Easter eggs in the game. :rofl
And even with cup. :cheeky
They had even then a strange imagination of beautiful.

The La Couronne is ready for release (comes the next day).
She is now without the light bug. I hope so. ;)

Love the wood colour and the decorations :)

Very impressive work :onya

The La Couronne is ready for release (comes the next day).
She is now without the light bug. I hope so. ;)

Finally (not meaning that in a bad way) the excitement to get hold of this ship has been intense, hopefully as you said the light bug is fixed and we can start sailing around the caribbean sterring at her beauty and crapping ourselves when they enemy bring her out to play. xD:

Back