• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Creole

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
La Creole's a french corvette launched 5 May 1829.
Displacement: 751 tonnes
Length: 39 metres
Beam: 9,70 metres
Complement: 150 men
Armament:
20 30-pounder carronades
4 18-pounder long guns
Armour: Timber

now the pics of the model:
p96ky.jpg

2zh1g7t.jpg

Someone has a copper plates texture?
What do you think?

Ah, you´re working with the ancre plans?

Hull shape is looking good, could you post a wireframe?

20 30-pounder carronades
4 18-pounder long guns

Holy...

That´s a lot of firepower for a corvette :p

No, i found the plans here: all-model.com

This is the wireframe, the hull was made with delftship...
33205cn.jpg

Textures are fine imo.

But you might want to reduce the polycount, seems like delftship produced a lot of unnecessary faces.

Nice ship indeed. But as Bava says, that is a LOT of polygons on that hull! :shock

ok, i'll try... i've a question, the real one had this colours, but i think in the build mod the french has the red and black hull, do you prefer the historic one or the build like one?

I'd prefer black-and-red. Her current colour scheme looks great,
but with the national colour schemes mod makes her look more like a British Royal Navy ship.
I know historically colour schemes weren't as well-defined, but gameplay-wise, I reckon distinctive colour schemes do help...

well i suppose the more colour schemes the merrier :D. Lovely ship here, it's nice to see more of this size of ship, as we seem to have lots of frigates and unrated ships but far too few of these "post ships". Obviously it's nice to see some more french ships to sink or capture ;)

Thank's, but may be difficult to sink it: 20 30-pounder carronades
4 18-pounder long guns :)

Well if textures are no big trouble, then you should also make an USS version of it too :blah:

I think, this ship would fit US navy just fine.

For the textures any problems :onya

An update: new french textures and added a life boat, she's going to have another two of them, now i'm working on the chain wales, i think this is the english of "parasartie"...

efiet5.jpg

33xu8fb.jpg

What do you think?

It looks like during rough see's that the boat will smash into the cabin, perhaps making the boat sit higher.

yes, but there aren't the glass on the cabin... And on the photos of the model the boat is like the mine...

Sure it won't knock out a glass window which isn't there, but the boat itself could be damaged and become unsuitable. I said 'personally I think' which means you don't have to listen to any of my words since it's your project. In fact you don't have to listen to any of us except the part about reducing polycount, if you plan to put that ship in game. :)

Back