• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Lagging" game

Drakaisyl

Powder Monkey
Well...after some time I installed the mod and the game again after watching some nice Pirate Film...

but that leaves me to the problem.game loads fine,I come into the game and well...when I press space to continue the dialogue it takes up to 4 seconds until something happens.At all Storylines.First I though,hmm...okay...not tthat big deal when it is only the dialoges...but when I start walking it is the same.Anyone knows what might be the reason ?

PC is:

CPU: Quad Core AMD Phenom X4 955
Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX 460

and another question,is it possibel to change the equipment,money etc ?

What modpack version are you using? If Build 14 Beta 1, did you select ENB or SwiftShader?

Iam using the files which were offered on ModDB and I didn't select anything so far.Just installed it and tried to play with the "Lagging" :D

With your system there should be no lag. Dialogs should be instantaneous. Something is interfering with your install. Does it lag elsewhere? SwiftShader disables your video card. That is why Pieter asked about that. Did you run the "runme.bat" and "rename.bat"?

You should not need to use XP settings. I use Win7 x64 with no problems.

Oh. do you have ffdsow installed? That causes problems until it is removed.

alright,reinstalled the game with winXP settings and it seems to run smoothy now.

and is there a topic where you can change the ammount of money etc you have and maybe the start ship beeing the Qeen Annes Revenche ?

Start ship:
Open PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline].c (for whichever storyline you want to play)
Find the line that starts with sl.(sn).start.ship
Change whatever is between "these" marks to "QueenAnnesRevenge"
When starting a new game for that storyline, you'll have the Queen Anne's Revenge straight away.

For the money, try the cheatmode:
================================
Cheats:
These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Godmode
Numpad 1 = Officer 1 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 2 = Officer 2 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 3 = Officer 3 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 4 = Player Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Player Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)

Start ship:
Open PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline].c (for whichever storyline you want to play)
Find the line that starts with sl.(sn).start.ship
Change whatever is between "these" marks to "QueenAnnesRevenge"
When starting a new game for that storyline, you'll have the Queen Anne's Revenge straight away.

For the money, try the cheatmode:
Cheats:
These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Godmode
Numpad 1 = Officer 1 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 2 = Officer 2 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 3 = Officer 3 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 4 = Player Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Player Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)

thank you for this ;)

Alright...was too good to be true...now the lagging is again present but only in the outreaches of the cities.As soon Iam in a house everything wents smoothy as it was before the restart of my PC when everything went smoothy.And now I can't even enter the ship,neither the stock nor the edited without having my game crashed...

Update:
Started to build the things from the very beginning:

Stock PotC: Runs smoothy,no crash when entering a ship or sailing with it
Build 14 Beta 1,Full setup: Running smoothy so far,without any Graphical enhancements installed
Build 14 Beta 1 Patch: Runs smoothg so far and no crashed when entering the default ship.Trying it now with different ships and then a restart if it continues to run smoothy. Alright...tested wth serveral ships...nothing caused a crash but after the pc reboot it went "lagging" again -.-

The same problem.I don't know what the problem is but first moving around the city was ok.Then after I enter buildings make my business and go outside it starts lagging very strongly.Also it starts lagging after I load saved game.What reasons can cause lagging?There was also thread about lagging after or before midnight.

I installed correctly potc 1.03(russian) then installed in the same folder build 14 beta 2.1 full,ran runme.bat then installed also in the same folder build 14 beta 2.3 light and ran runme.bat.

Just on the off-chance that it has something to do with it, can you show the .log files from your main game folder?
Also, could you show a screenshot showing all files in your main game folder? Just so we can see if it looks like it should?

tried to put it on english version 1.0. no changes.it doesn't matters 1.03 or 1.0.

I cant see error.log in the directory when it was on 1.03 (russian) it generated erro.log also(it means no errors?if it is - it is good).
in folder of game i see onlly compile and system logs. here is (potc 1.0(english)+ buil14 beta 2.1 full + build 14 beta 2.3 light) folder looks like

Attachments

• system.log
    16.1 KB · Views: 127
  • compile.log
    38.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 105
One thing you can try is to open engine.ini and set all the below to 0:
Code:
tracefilesoff = 0

[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1
;tracefiles = 0
We have error logging on by default now, but the actual logging of anything could be slowing things down if your HD is slow.

this is unusual. i have played the game on my laptop with really bad spec's with no lag and with ENB, or whatever it's called for better graphic's. and it had a slow HDD.

Indeed, if the game works, it generally works smoothly too. Especially without ENB. :facepalm

engin.ini is ok. I didn't touch that and it stays by default - the same configuration as you have written.i will try to put to 0
for me it is very intresting to find out what can cause lags? ) it would would be very usefull for all what to avoid or etc. for e.g.

here is that thread about lagging after midnight
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/my-game-gets-very-laggy-after-midnight.16467/

here is also a short conversation about lags.
maybe it will tell you something
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/news/new-horizons-build-14-beta-1-patch-6-released

elite879 Jun 17 2011, 1:18am says:
I need help with this mod. I have the latest version (original beta 1 full with patch 6) and have installed it as shown. Problem is when I start the game. It gets to the menu fine but is IMMENSELY laggy. The framerate must be about 2 or something. Starting a game doesn't help, it's still laggy. I've taken it off safemode (for some reson it was on)a and also set every graphical option to low. I'm not sure why this would effect anything as I have a great PC and it didn't.
Basically the game lags to an unplayable point and I'm not sure why. Note: The original game was just fine

Miklkit Jun 17 2011, 5:27am replied:
By any chance when you were installing Build 14 beta 1, did you also install ENB and/or Swiftshader when asked? If you have a real video card Swiftshader will disable it and you will get very bad performance. Also, did you run "rename.bat"?

elite879 Jun 17 2011, 11:57am replied:
Ah yes the problem's fixed now. Not sure if it was Swiftshader or ENB but now I've reinstalled everything it's gone. Thanks for the help. I guess I shouldn't have simply ticked every box without checking what happened.

Pieter_Boelen Jun 17 2011, 10:39pm replied: Indeed you can't select the additional stuff without making sure you actually want it. And I swapped the names, which also doesn't help. So it's best to not select any of it. All the actual mod content is in the main part anyway

this is what I have found about it

But you have neither ENB nor SwiftShader, so that is not the problem. :modding

What are your computer specs? Also, do you have any programs running in the background that may be causing a conflict?
There is a file that comes in certain utilities like format Factory that can cause problems with POTC. Methinks it is in the FAQ.

Aha! ffdshow It caused problems for me in 2010-11.

Maybe I have not correctly understood, if it is true I apologise for it, but as I undestood the story with swiftshader is for Intel.I have AMD Athlon(tm) 1.05 ,ffdshow is for windows 7 I have xp sp3, ram is 1.25 gb.It goes ok but after I enter buildings or reload saved game starts slideshowing. I start new game evrything is ok till the building or i load saved game.I didn't use ENB.

My opnion it is not connected to system, how could be explained normal processing before enterring building, it bug.But what bug,what can cause it?

Back