• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leather in the standard storyline

Drake Nawell

Landlubber
Hello !

I'm blocked in the standard storyline at the beginning, I can't find the leather in my cargo stock and because of that, I can't validate the quest 'Sell the cargo'.

Maybe it has another name or something ?

Still called leather try buying some from the merchant then leave the building , go back in, sell it back to him and see how you go i have had that problem myself before.

Check the lists of which goods are export, which are import and which are contraband on the island you're visiting. If leather is contraband then it won't show up in the store. Though if you press F2 and go to the "Cargo" tab, it should still show up in your hold. If it's not there either then you don't have any leather.

How did you start the story? If you told Malcolm that you were going to sail straight away and risk the storm, you end up at a random port with some contraband. In that case the only way to sell it is by talking to the smuggler in the tavern.

That sometimes happens in the standard storyline in build 3.2. When that happens either start a new game or visit the smuggler in the tavern.

The way I solved it was by going to a different island and sell it. I couldn't manage to sell the leather, not even if you restart the campaign. Beware of more "unseen" problems behind the hood, like signed numbers in the quantities of cannonballs. If you mess around too much with the numbers in the store, you may end up with a signed number, so if you have 2000 cannon balls, what you actually have is -2000 cannonballs, to fix that, you have to buy 2000 cannon balls to get to 0 cannonballs, and then buy another 2000 cannonballs to actually get to plus 2000 cannon balls. Weird bug, it messes with the sign flag of a number. It took me a long time to understand what was going on, because my cannons refused to fire when at sea even if I had thousands of cannon balls available. Just couldn't figure it out. It turned out something in the mod is making a signed number. This kind of problem usually occur if you subtract number without taking the absolute value (of numbers that arent supposed to go negative) and I can assure anyone that cannonballs are NEVER supposed to go negative, neither any other item you buy in the store. ;)

It's just suspicion, but it might have to do with how the mod "share" resources between all of your ships, it might have an unwanted effect every "now and then". Strange things can also happen when you buy a ship to replace an old ship, some calculation is going on under that.

Last edited:
Back