• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Load savegame at sea glitch

jaco

Powder Monkey
Every time I load a saved game that I've made at sea (in direct sail) I hear "Strike 'em down.. aye aye". If I'm sailing with another ship, then that's exactly what it does. My flagship sails on, but the accompanying ship strikes her sails and doesn't follow. There doesn't seem to be any way to order her to set sail and follow me.

It ain't the end of the world because the other ship always appears on "Land ho" or fast travel to a location, but sometimes I need the ship nearby for extra guns in a fight or whatever.

So I just want to know if this is normal or if I've got a broken installation. I'm playing build 14.2.1.

That is a known problem that never got fixed. The way to get around it is to order that ship to "defend" you. It will then follow you normally.

Thanks Hylie. I never thought to try "defend". I did try "sail away", and of course that's what the ship does -- straight over the horizon.

Got to admit I did use this "feature" as an exploit to get some free broadsides at the Oiseau when I was a complete noob.. :wp

It would certainly be nice if someone could fix this issue. I've flagged it as a "Bug" so it shouldn't get lost.
It's one of the less serious ones, but it's pretty annoying. Even just the "Strike 'em down!" phrase gets on my nerves every time I load a game at sea. :rolleyes:

Back