• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Location & island remodeling campaign

Ok guys, i'm having a quite fluent comunication with CC... he told me that the scene is quite heavy to upload it to the ftp just because...
He also told me that he's simple with little spare time, but he never quited the proyect...
In the end, we'll both work on the Cartagena scene.
Right now i'm waiting for him to let me know what's missing, so i can start modeling...
Maybe the quest writing that i had planned for the San Martin is gonna have to wait... :shrug (for a greater good that is)

Great ! :onya SuperChango

Happy to know you'll work on this project with Capitan Caceres.

btw : Of course, if SuperDurnius wants to give a help I think you and Capitan Caceres will accept it.. ;)

you can PM me any time, so I'll help anyway I can... Knowing that I have completed fully custom location I think my help will be welcome :D ..

Now You all remembered me... I need to finish my cave-ship-inside :D

Yes... and how about that swamp? That was close to completion, no?
And no need to model the water; I think we can do that properly with game-water. :yes

I have stopped at the swamp matter for some thinking:
Game water is good, you can swim in it, but most of the locations "underwater" was deleted long ago for polycount saving purposes, so I need to redo it...

And game water with wave-hight 0 is really zero? Like glass? Becouse if he'll be moving atleast little, then I'll have a need the to remove all "floating" objects from locations (fallen tree, old broken boat, lilies) because they won't be floating at all.

I think we indeed CAN set it to REALLY 0. That's already done for the Guadeloupe/Eleuthera plantation locations.
Please do continue with the swamp location; you got so far that I'd hate to not see it in the game soon. :razz

So, how about that location matter? Need any help?

Want to note, that now I'm getting back to tutorials... And in time I'll write down all my knowledge on locations... Now writing one for swords/guns... Simply making some weapons to show as examples in screenshots...

Alright, SuperDurnius :doff

Just a question for you : Did you try from an existing location like Isla Muelle town to make an improved one (bigger and modified) ?

No news yet... last thing i knew (Dec. 1st) was that he almost finished the terrain and he'll send it to me for testing purposes... (would that work in coas ?, i dont have PotC!).
After that well work on the outer defense ring... which he has modeled, so is up to details... that's for the outer map (the small one you see on sail mode NOT IN NAVIGATION MAP !)

Oh yeah PotC is worth getting just for the Build Mod (trust me on that :cheeky)

I know that Amazon and eBay both had copies but not sure anymore :shrug

well... i'm working on a little something that's gonna be free, im not sure about spending the money :keith
EDIT: Are we talking about the same thing here ? check this

NO!

But these models should work in POTC if they work in CoaS. The only difference is, that you can also have underwater locations in CoaS, but the models themselves are the same.

NO!

But these models should work in POTC if they work in CoaS. The only difference is, that you can also have underwater locations in CoaS, but the models themselves are the same.

Clear enough ! thanks a lot !

I wander how much would cost to have it delivered here... i've seen an AMD Phenom x4 @ 110 USD... which make me curious... (179 USD on a new seller without rep...)

Back