• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Long Reload Times

Johivas

Powder Monkey
I absolutely like the work you did with this game, you doubled the fun...Now, I want to know if it is normal that the game load times are increasing like crazy, i mean, I pass far more time waiting for loading than actually playing...Starting the game is very long too now. It was fast at the beginning, starting the game took 10 seconds, loading a save took 3 seconds, but now starting the game is like 3 minutes, the same for loading. I'll reinstall the game, I wanted to start over anyway.

It is true that the game seems to slow down over time, but what you are describing is really bad!

It is true that the game seems to slow down over time, but what you are describing is really bad!
I think the game stayed fast, i'm talking loading specifically, and the first slowdown happened right when I landed in Antigua, it went from 3 seconds to about 30 seconds right there, but I didn't think much of it, maybe temporary to the place, but it only worsened. Maybe it is caching more and more textures, I don't know. It can be tolerable, as long as the game still works, but I had a few problems before I reinstalled, like infinite saving, the mouse cursor stayed stuck to the save button until I had to shut down the game with task manager. But the save was allright, 8 k or so like all the other ones, and it loaded. The other thing that started happening is infinite loading, the game would stay stuck on loading, and that was bad since I already waites 3 minutes for loading and now I wasn't able to know if the save was loading or not, I would wait there like a moron, before finally saying WTF and shut down the game with task manager. Presently, I'm playing a new game on a fresh install, things load very fast, i'm profiting from the occasion to do re-load intensive things, since I fear...

Are there any .log files in your main game folder with a lot of entries by any chance?

I know game start does indeed take quite a while because of all the mod-added stuff that needs to be initialized.
As for reloads during the game, I haven't played long enough to be able to tell.
What modpack version is that and how long did you play before it started getting bad?
Can't have been very long, because the latest good version was posted just over 12 hours ago (the new ZIP is needed too!)

One thing you can always try is to remove the file named "options" from your main game folder.
Possibly also remove all files from your SAVE folder that you don't need.

The only thing I know that was added during reloads is my check to erase unused characters.
That didn't seem to influence loading when I tested, but I won't rule out the possibility.
After you have tried the above/posted confirmation of your game version, I can tell you how to disable that again for testing purposes.

@Johivas some questions:

Does it always happen on antigua (the increase in loading times).
Which modpack version are you using
Will every island you visit increase the loading times
Is every loading slowed down (for example going to sea vs moving on land).

@Johivas it would also help if you provide us with a savegame so we can test if we experience the same problems.

Can't confirm

Back