• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Looking to do my part, become an element of something bigger.

HundertzehnGustav

Watchman... up there, thinking.
• Creative Support and Brainstorming
- [Creative Support] - Members contributing in-depth ideas and concepts to the brainstorming threads.

• 2D Texture Artists
- [2D Artist] - Members with experience in Photoshop, GIMP or similar, who can produce high-quality textures for models and user interfaces.

Brainstorming... i have an open mind, and a bit of an idea on what Hearts of oak could be.
Fan of simulations and combat situations, but completely lacking technical knowledge of sailing.

2D texture artist: interested in accurately depicting technical objects - either when polygons are not available, or when an object needs a coat of paint.
Not an educated painter/'shopper, but stubborn and willing to dedicate long hours to reach a satisfying result.

what i am given...
base.png

what i am striving for...
typhoon.jpg

what i end up with is turning this:
jrfadk.jpg

into that

2dalvlh.jpg

v66l4m.jpg

after that comes the weathering...
and not being afraid to think a bit different.

2.jpg

SFoS.jpg

removal of a cowling to show damaged engine... no 3D, just paint.

think_different.jpg

weathering.jpg

weathering2.jpg

PII.jpg

So yea... i wanna paint something for Hearts of oak. A house, a tree, a cannon or an entire ship!

Being both a POTC player and an IL2 freak... I can just salute and expect the best for Hearts of oak
:doff

Well well well. You are taking the plunge! :cheers

There will be tons of texturing to do soon, from rocks to roads to piers to buildings. And ships too!

Nice screenies btw mate, glad to have you aboard. Just to make it official, you have a couple of shiny new ribbons! :onya

Welcome to the team indeed! And that's some nice work you've got there. :doff

Back