• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Main quest bug

Fire Force

Landlubber
All,

I'm in Bridgeport. Tasked to recover the idol from the ship in the harbor. I board the frigate, get through all the decks, and when I reach the cabin, I'm stuck frozen when I should start on the beach on Douwesen/Bonaire.

Any ideas?

All,

I'm in Bridgeport. Tasked to recover the idol from the ship in the harbor. I board the frigate, get through all the decks, and when I reach the cabin, I'm stuck frozen when I should start on the beach on Douwesen/Bonaire.

Any ideas?

I think boarding the frigate is bugged as you have found out :yes

Try sinking the ship instead - you should then be given the idol automatically and transported to Bonaire beach, and the quest should continue.

:cheers

Yes. It has been like that throughout the life of build 14. I do not remember if one has to sink the ship in build 13.

That is a damn shame as I really like that frigate and wanted to capture it for myself! :p

But thanks for the answers, guys. I'll give it a try tonight and see how it goes.

It is a bit silly that you can't capture the frigate. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense to do that? It would be easier to recover the idol from a captured ship than the bottom of the sea. xD
In any case, it would be nice to give the player that choice. I wouldn't know how to fix the problem, though.

It is a bit silly that you can't capture the frigate. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense to do that? It would be easier to recover the idol from a captured ship than the bottom of the sea. xD
In any case, it would be nice to give the player that choice. I wouldn't know how to fix the problem, though.

I think you are supposed to be able to capture the frigate ( it is just a bug that has somehow got into the game ) since Clement the researcher has dialog to send the player looking for Danielle after you capture the frigate.

:read

Back