• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making our own Storylines

superkid

Sailor
Is it even possible to add a storyline like in PotC, or only modify the existing ones?
If yes, I would like to make a short storyline similar to the ship of souls one, but about the Black Pearl.
If anyone could point me out where to start making the script or anything else concearning making it would be much appreciated!

We need coders/scripters for that but I believe it's possible. We just don't have the man power for that, the GoF! team is very small and we don't have any dedicated coders.

Well, I think I could wait for the Build 14 to be finished so that some people of the PotC mod will hopefully join this moding team and start adding even more stuff to this awesome game!

Im starting to study these codes but its also too hard. I started creating a storyline in POTC, I could put a video display and a quest text on the log book but im also still needing more codes for that and a lot of study about those codes. I want also do an invasion mod like the french one in POTC when u press nuber 9 when cheat mode is on, how do i access to this cheat? if someone help me i would be thankful

Well, I think I could wait for the Build 14 to be finished so that some people of the PotC mod will hopefully join this moding team and start adding even more stuff to this awesome game!

Hopefully, all of our manpower will be diverted towards Hearts of Oak. It'll be a bit of a wait, but worth it.

I don' t think COAS development is even close to its potential of being "finished".

New Horizons/Build mod has been worked on since 2003 and COAS has only been being seriously modded for the last three years.

I think the guys in the DEV shop (Hammie) for HAIRCUTS will tell you that they don't want too much help. Sure they will want the "extras" of sounds, models, storylines, etc., but the heavy lifting will become cluttered and undoable if you have too many cooks spoiling the soup.

My shop would have 1 each Task master/config manager, (1) MASTER coder, (2) clutter clean-up coders working behind him and (2) coders dedicated to smaller closed singular segments/tasks to be integrated later and designated by the Task master and master coder. I would have one or two terrain generation guys, and as many modelers as would volunteer to donate content or build new needed content as assigned/tasked. The essential core of this group are really the first five or six I mention. Not just anyone can fill those shoes BTW....

I speak from much experience in development of many REAL software products out there training people to kill other people and actually assisting in the killing of actual real people right now....to both my pride and utter shame. I know I know...TMI,,,the old retired Colonel had too much brandy this evening. :pirate07:

Even if/when I do get sucked into my own new game development, I will continue to mod and play COAS as a hobby. I'm sure others feel the same way and have no desire to learn UDK or start something new.

I for one will never abandon the dream of merging Build mod and GOF. I feel like I have really started to achieve that to some extent "all by myself" in the Eras mod. I will be releasing it in the next few months and hope to attract my own additional help in continuing it's development.

The COAS mods are a "RIGHT NOW" (this moment) pirate game "FIX" ----- whereas HAIRCUTS will take at least a year or more to get any kind of significant product playable release material.

I know I have made "off the cuff" comments that COAS is old and dead.....BUT I don't truly believe that as long as there are a few people around that still want to work on her. Yeah its a game generation behind and has some non-realistic cartoony aspects to it....however I find it charming.....and I'm someone that still occasionally plays Commodore64 and Atari games as well as N64 and Playstation 1 games. Just played "GUN" again this weekend. I LOVE that game.

Anyone remember Raid over Moscow? Just played it two weeks back. FUN!

:pirateraft

MK

Fair enough. We can't expect too many people to want to do everything through the entire duration of production, though. We're working on a volunteer basis, here. Hopefully the people we have are the people that will want to. I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't think we're going to stop modding PotC and CoAS just yet...?

Too much brandy indeed you old sop. HAIRCUTS? :facepalm

I for one have nothing to add to the new project and there will be nothing to see until next April or so anyway. Therefore I intend to continue my slow transition from POTC to COAS.
I think of POTC and COAS like I think of Porsche and Jaguar.
Jaguar sterted out with a better product but never developed it.
Porsche started out with an inferior product but over the course of many years eventually produced a superior product.
It is time to start developing COAS. As it is I can not get immersed in that world. Perhaps it is the moon rising in the south and setting in the north.

I'm going to compile all the latest PotC stuff and then I also had the vague intention of seeing if anything can be done for CoAS based on the international mods for it.
But I'm quickly running out of time during this holiday of mine, so I'm not sure anymore I am going to get to that.

Back