• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Manually adjusting relations and skills

Fafnir

Landlubber
:gday mateys.

I joined the Brotherhood, so pirates should be neutral towards me, but in relations menu they're still hostile (-74). Is there any way to set this manually to 0, by console command or something similiar?

Also I'd like to know how to manually increase fencing skill. Call it cheating, but I don't like the fact, that my officers get better at fighting, while my character doesn't.

Not related question - what's the easiest way to get bombs? :boom

EDIT: Nevermind about relations, I just got to Grand Turk. I still want to know how to manually increase fencing though.

:gday

I don't know where the code for skills advancement is located, so I'm in the same boat you are. Not once have I ever increased my melee skill by a full point by combat in beta 2. I'm at level 42 and 87%.

The only way to advance without changing the code is to talk to townspeople. Every once in a while you will meet a teacher, and every once in a while the teacher will teach you melee skills. :shrug

Bombs can be found in 2 places. Sometimes a dismasted vessel will contain bombs. Or you can enter a fort and "negotiate" with civilians. Sometimes one of them can give you bombs.

I would love to actually kill someone in less than a hundred swipes myself and sort of along the lines of this; I can/can't join the brotherhood. I talk to Jurcksen in Nevis and he says do I want to join the brotherhood because people won't like me etc. etc. and then I talk to him again and it just keeps going through those same dialogs. Nothing else changes and relations are all the same. Then after plundering a few juicy trade and war ships all he says is i'm busy but nothing at all has changed besides that even though my relation with pirates increased by 40 points.

What are you expecting to happen? All he will do for you is to set your relations to the pirates to 0 aka. friendly. Nothing else.
He doesn't work like normal governors. Though I think Sao Feng at Turks in the Jack Sparrow storyline does.

They are maybe expecting promotions like with the nations^^ If it isn't too hard, maybe I can add them? Promotional swords are no problem I think, and well.. ships :shrug

Would be nice. Or at least something signifying your in the "Pirate Brotherhood." Like different dialog from captains you plunder or pirates or even different dialog options like "Don't you know who I am?" "Don't you know the connections I have?" something besides "welcome to the club now get out." :p

They are maybe expecting promotions like with the nations^^ If it isn't too hard, maybe I can add them? Promotional swords are no problem I think, and well.. ships :shrug
That is already in place for use by Sao Feng.

Would be nice. Or at least something signifying your in the "Pirate Brotherhood." Like different dialog from captains you plunder or pirates or even different dialog options like "Don't you know who I am?" "Don't you know the connections I have?" something besides "welcome to the club now get out." :p
As much as new stuff would be fun, we have to deal with sorting out the existing stuff first.
If it isn't broken, we have to skip on it for the time being. :(

Not inconsiderate. Just optimistic. This is not a huge mod with dozens of people working on it. This is a small community and the pace reflects that.

Yep. And especially when it comes to coding stuff, "someone has to do it" tends to mean "I have to do it".
And there's only so much I can do. I want to get this thing nearing completion for a change.

So is anyone else having frequent ctd's that erase saves and even profiles or not being able to save and the same thing happening after a death screen then waking up in a room. It usually wont let you save/deletes saves when you try and also says can't save now when you hit F5 to quick save? :modding

Nope. I get maybe one random ctd a day. How many profiles do you have? You really should only have one at a time, as having too many is a well known cause of many problems.

Only one profile lol
I get about one every hour or so of gameplay and weird texture distortions occasionally but has to do with certain ships and their damages.

Have you tried Beta 3 WIP 16 yet? I'd be curious to know how much graphical artefacts are in that version.

The only texture problems I have are the well known Graphic Anomalies or GA that kicks in when a ship loses a mast.

Anything else means an install problem, or possibly a maintenance problem, like a defrag is needed.

The only texture problems I have are the well known Graphic Anomalies or GA that kicks in when a ship loses a mast.
How does that fare in WIP 16? All the code we think is related to that was rewritten. Is it better now? Worse?

:( :( :(
And don't count on it being fixed. Ever. I can't do it and it is becoming clearer than ever that nobody else is going to take care of much on the coding front either.

Good luck with that! It can be done starting even from nothing; that's what I did. I am no programmer. At all. :cheeky

Back