• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Marc Blaque problem

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I already have 4 officers when I decided to hire Marc Blaque in the Martinique store. Hiring him goes fine but one of my officers turns into an "unknown coward" and is reset to level 1 with all stats at zero.

Sure the guy is a Bloody Terror, but he is getting better. He used to be a Horror of the High Seas. He is also the captain who surrendered to me when I captured the FWzP and had no equipment at all.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique.7z
    611.4 KB · Views: 123
Yikes! I wonder what it is this time.
The bugs just keep showing up out of thin air this week! :shock

So Marc is OK after hiring, but another officer of yours gets messed up?
Figures. o_O

@Hylie Pistof: I loaded your save and tried this, but I'm afraid I'm going to need some more details from you.

Does this happen EVERY time? Where does it end up saying "Unknown coward"?
And which of your officers is it that gets messed up?

When I load your savegame and correct it so the ships show properly, I see the following:
- PLAYER: Jean de la Croix, Dashing
- COMPANION: Artois Voysey, Matey
- COMPANION: Baldewyn Coffier, Dashing
- OFFICER: Coppiin Oudshoorn, Bloody Terror (I suspect this is the guy who surrendered?)
- OFFICER: Joshamee Gibbs, Dashing
- OFFICER: Peter Blood, Bloke

But that gives me THREE officers and your post states you have FOUR.
So am I somehow completely missing out on one of them?

When I hire Marc Blacque, he simply joins as one extra "citizen" Bloke in my shore party.
That makes him the ONLY officer in my shore party, because you had none before.

Even after several location reloads and going to sea, I cannot see anything wrong. Am I not looking at the right things?
Or perhaps it is because my game version has some extra updates that you don't have yet?

It showed "unknown coward" the first time I did it. After that it was something else that I forget. Yes it is the Bloody Terror that has the problems. There is no name, no picture, all stats are set to 1, He will not join the shore party, and there is crew money instead of pay.

This happened when I hired Blaque, Pijuan, and an officer out of a tavern. I gave up and gave him a picture and a name and made him the gunner. He is up to level 4 now and is starting to get some skill percentages.

This isn't happening to you? Dunno why not,but I don't even try to keep up with multiple daily updates.

Thanks for the details. That does suggest that my game isn't affected by this issue while yours is for some reason.

Could you install the latest Levis Fixes and try again?
That is the only thing I can think of that should make a difference on this one.
It doesn't require a new game anyway, so you should be able to safely install that.

The updates don't really come as quickly now as they did a while back.
And they have been mostly savegame compatible lately.

Can you upload your entire PROGRAM folder?
Now I'm curious what other differences there could be. :shock

Well, this is just WEIRD. I dumped your PROGRAM folder into my game instead of my own, then tried to replicate the problem.
And I STILL couldn't make it go wrong.

Exactly how am I supposed to test this? This is what I did:
1. Loaded the savegame from the opening post
2. Enter store and hire Marc
3. Check stats of all officers

No problems to be seen.

Also, you DON'T have the latest "Levis Fixes" installed according to that PROGRAM folder.

Well, he's back! I couldn't remember his name so just made something up.
POTC4 2016-01-17 10-12-57-992.jpg

I.... I don't understand.
That screenshot looks normal enough, but that isn't one of the officers or companions you had in that savegame.
What am I looking at? :confused:

That is the same one. For me he had no name or picture or anything. He became a complete blank when I hired another officer. He was pretty darn good when I hired him though, and he is pretty good now too except for that Horror of the High Sea thing.

Like I said I just made up a name and then picked an evil looking picture. He is even getting paid now too, but he has no dialog. When I tried to talk to him nothing happened. Before all this he was Dutch with a really long name.

But WHY can I not replicate the problem, even with the exact code files you've got in your game?
Please try to replicate it yourself from the savegame you posted.
And if you do, please say EXACTLY the steps you followed. Because I cannot seem to manage it. o_O

I just tried that save and it worked perfectly. I hired Marc Blaque and Coppiin Oudshoorn stayed his same irascible self. My guess is that it failed before because I had not installed Levis's 12 Jan. fix.

For now I'll mark this as Cannot Confirm then.
But do keep an eye out for such weirdness in the next update! :cheers

Back